OGXbox.com

Completed Builds. Opinions Please :)

John7272

I rarely post anything.

Just wondering what people think about the painted case, DVD window, and jewel. I would like to improve future builds, I plan on making a bunch and retiring. may sell my whole collection soon.

I use 2TB drives because some people believe I'm wasting space since Xbox Linux only sees 2.2TB. My personal are 3TB.

Almost all of my builds are 128mb RAM upgrades, some of my favs will not work on a standard Xbox.

Every inch is clean as a whistle, you can lick the motherboard it is cleaner than the plate in your cupboard (except the other OCD people). I don't say that in the listing so there's no need for a disclaimer lol! AS A NOTE! UNPLUG BEFORE YOU LICK!

Rocky5, Cian, and others did an awesome job creating XBMC4Gamers! I had several people ask me to build some more Xbox's just to implement this great dashboard mod. Honestly, it fired me up and I had to get involved again once I threw it on a hard drive and took it for a spin. I literally deleted most of the years of work setting up artwork for XBMC4Xbox, they pulled off a great feat collecting so many cover scans.

Anyway, any advice, information, or opinions are welcome.

Thank you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113791001671

Of course if this is not allowed please delete this.

@John7272, that's the best add write-up that I've ever seen.  And, that's a very extensive amount of personal touches that you have done (behind the scenes).  That extra work will often never be seen but you did it anyway and you have my respect for doing it.  You clearly know what you are doing and I can see that you appreciate detail.  Not sure if you like the "fancy smokes" or if your selling price of 420 is just coincidental but I think it is well worth the price to the consumer (if only he/she knew what they would be getting).  Cheers mate.  I look forward to seeing more of your systems.

Noticed the 420 price myself. But I would totally pay up for one of those units. They look incredible. Couple comments and question:

1) How’d you do the controller port LEDs?

2) Did you paint the faraday cage inside as well? Seen a couple people on the forums do that and it really pops! Not that your paint job looks to be lacking in any way, it’s beautiful. 

3) DVD window is too short. If you’re gonna show it off, show it off! Maybe put some LEDs there as well. 

1 hour ago, TEK Nemesis said:

The included A/V cables might just be the worst part of the lot though.  ;)

Thank you TEK! I am over OCD, when I get a part 100% clean I put it in a ziplock bag. I know people don't care, but I cant skip steps if I wanted. I actually tried lol! 

I agree on the video cords, but the good cords are expensive. I figure I will set them up for 720P and they can get the $70 authentic component cable, or I would direct them to frank for a WII2HDMI.

37 minutes ago, Magicaldave said:

Noticed the 420 price myself. But I would totally pay up for one of those units. They look incredible. Couple comments and question:

2) Did you paint the faraday cage inside as well? Seen a couple people on the forums do that and it really pops! Not that your paint job looks to be lacking in any way, it’s beautiful. 

3) DVD window is too short. If you’re gonna show it off, show it off! Maybe put some LEDs there as well. 

420 may or may not be coincidence, I do not exhale lol! Thank you Dave.

1) I build the LED circuit, putting the LED's on the end of a wire. then I drill a hole in back of the controller port the perfect size for the LED to pop in. that way they can be removed for service.

2)I usually do paint the cage, I like them looking sharp when I open them. makes them look complete.

3)I am open to ideas on window cuts, do you know a better way to do it without getting into the side fins?

20190617_185050.jpg

2 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

Also, I add LED's in the DVD drive on all my builds

7.jpg

1 hour ago, John7272 said:

420 may or may not be coincidence, I do not exhale lol! Thank you Dave.

1) I build the LED circuit, putting the LED's on the end of a wire. then I drill a hole in back of the controller port the perfect size for the LED to pop in. that way they can be removed for service.

2)I usually do paint the cage, I like them looking sharp when I open them. makes them look complete.

3)I am open to ideas on window cuts, do you know a better way to do it without getting into the side fins?

20190617_185050.jpg

Woah, nelly. That looks awesome! Would love to see more detailed stuff on the LEDs as it looks like they’re all over the place. 

Thing looks killer with the internals painted!

Unfortunately I’ve not yet had a chance to get into case modding yet, so not really. My assumption has always been a Dremel, silver sharpie, and very, very, very judicious use of a ruler. Not what you’re doing? Cuts look great! :P

7 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

Woah, nelly. That looks awesome! Would love to see more detailed stuff on the LEDs as it looks like they’re all over the place. 

Thing looks killer with the internals painted!

Unfortunately I’ve not yet had a chance to get into case modding yet, so not really. My assumption has always been a Dremel, silver sharpie, and very, very, very judicious use of a ruler. Not what you’re doing? Cuts look great! :P

I put the LED's in all 4 ports, 2 for the DVD drive, 2 to light the jewel, and replace the 2 in the power/eject board.

Cutting the DVD window is tricky. I use an old DVD disc centered over the jewel to round that off, and the rest I take out what I can without cutting out any plastic that maintains strength of the top cover.

I use a dremel to make the cuts, then hone it in with files. Then a green scrubby pad for sanding. It takes quite a bit of time, but makes the cuts appear factory. 

For the port numbers and bezel "XBOX" I use an oil based pen.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:22 PM, TEK Nemesis said:

@John7272, that's the best add write-up that I've ever seen.  And, that's a very extensive amount of personal touches that you have done (behind the scenes).  That extra work will often never be seen but you did it anyway and you have my respect for doing it.  You clearly know what you are doing and I can see that you appreciate detail.  Not sure if you like the "fancy smokes" or if your selling price of 420 is just coincidental but I think it is well worth the price to the consumer (if only he/she knew what they would be getting).  Cheers mate.  I look forward to seeing more of your systems.

Here is the pearl white and deep blue one I just finished, about to list it. its nearly the same as the red one except for the DVD kit from a ghostcase, and the colors.

22.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John7272 said:

The pearl white looks great, the pictures could not do it justice. It sold in only a few hours.

I have 2 more ready for paint, anyone have an opinion on what colors I should go with for them?

It would require a different method and maybe even a different material, but I’ve always wanted to do a black/white marbled Xbox. 

Purple and a fresh, darker black would probably lock sick too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 9:22 PM, TEK Nemesis said:

Did a HALO Edition, I installed all red LED's, then figured people may prefer green so I added a switch to the console. I tried to just add pictures but I seem to be at a limit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113805187649

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...