OGXbox.com

Change Default Dashboard On Startup (Tsop, Softmod, Hardmod)

xbdavid123

Hi everybody. 

From what I can understand there is a difference in how to change the default dashboard to anything you want (If you have a tsop, sofmodded or hardmodded box.)

In my case, I have a TSOP modded box and I would like to have xbmc4gamers or xbmc emustation as my startup dash.

What should I do here? I have read somewhere that I should make a shortcut in a program on my computer to redirect it to where I have the dashfile.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks for me to understand this matter better.

/ David

1st find out what your default dashboard is called, probably evoxdash.xbe.

then see where xbmc4gamers xbe is located, probably on your E partition under apps.

you then need to make a shortcut xbe and point it to the xbmc4gamers xbe. Name the shortcut evoxdash.xbe. Rename your original dash xbe something like evoxdash_backup.xbe

you should then be good to go. As you have a TSOP it shouldn’t be to hard to fix if you get it wrong, just have a copy of hexen that your dvd drive reads okay.

27 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

1st find out what your default dashboard is called, probably evoxdash.xbe.

then see where xbmc4gamers xbe is located, probably on your E partition under apps.

you then need to make a shortcut xbe and point it to the xbmc4gamers xbe. Name the shortcut evoxdash.xbe. Rename your original dash xbe something like evoxdash_backup.xbe

you should then be good to go. As you have a TSOP it shouldn’t be to hard to fix if you get it wrong, just have a copy of hexen that your dvd drive reads okay.

Thank you again Gingerguy! Can I make this shortcut right on the xbox or do I need a program? 

I’m not familiar with using shortcut XBE’s, but I wanted to toss in  another method here that I am familiar with. First it’s important to recognize that changing dashboards isn’t always well documented because the finer details are always a bit different based on your config. But generally, here goes:

Figure our where your dashboard is booting from. There’s a more proper way to do this, either by looking it up or checking your .cfg, but the easiest is when booting UnleashX AS YOUR DASHBOARD, not as an app, press Y, and scroll down until you see “dash location” as something like “C:/Dashboard/default.xbe”

Pick your favorite dashboard, make sure it’s .xbe file matches the name of your existing dashboard, and FTP the new dashboard on top of the old one. 

Keep a rescue disc handy in case something breaks as I have had this happen before. 

In the case of softmodded boxes I would exclusively recommend using the Rocky5 extras disc to install his softmod if necessary and switch dashes or even dual boot dashes. It does the messy work for you. 

I did try with the shortcut and I found it working on the first try. Did a backup of the original evoxdash.xbe and copied it to my backup folder.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Now I just need to get XBMC Emustation to work with the artwork on all the emulators. I have got it working on all my xbox games with the built in artwork but it doesnt seem to work with the other emulators.