OGXbox.com

How Do I Install Xbox Origins Dashboard On My Current Setup?

C64MidRezzie

Hi - I have a 250GB IDE hard drive with Coin Ops 8 Massive on it along with a few of my games backed up to the hard drive using dvd2xbox.  I also have a few other emulators - NES, SNES and Sega Megadrive.  This is the perfect setup for me and I don't really need to add anything else to it.  Is it possible to add the xbox origins dashboard to my current setup and if so does anyone have a link or details on how to do it?  Any help greatly appreciated.

5 minutes ago, crushingyourhead said:

The Origins dashboard is just a theme for XBMC. So yeah, you need the full 3.5.3 version up and running first.

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4393

I use this mod. Much easier to configure.

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7571

Sorry this is all new to me - is there any easy to follow instructions or a video tutorial available - wife got me a 500GB Sata drive, Startech Sata to IDE and an 80 pin cable - clever woman just went through my amazon wishlist -so after getting the drive ready this morning I’d love to have the origins skin on it

Sorry I haven't really seen one.

Essentially what I did was FTP an unpacked XBMC into the dashboard folder. Then 'Switch Dashboards' using my pre-installed UnleashX. There is a 'Skins' or 'Themes' folder under XBMC where I dropped the Origins folder. Then I switch to it from within the XBMC menu.

Then, I just used those written instructions to apply the modded files and start tinkering. It took more than a day for me to figure it out completely, so trial and error will be part of it :)

Do I just download this one you mentioned above in your second option - “

use this mod. Much easier to configure.

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7571

or do I need anything from the first xbmc link you provided above

Have you managed to get it to appear at startup

when you turn on your console?

Edited by C64MidRezzie

The XMBC Origins UI Update Mod requires having the XBMC Origins v1.0.0 skin installed along with the updated keymaps file from Dom DXecutioner's original thread:

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

The links are provided at the bottom of the first post.  However, there is no artwork or icons - the _resources/ content to add to each game's folder - included with the skin. 

For Playstation 4's [WIP] XBMC Origins UI Update Mod, he tells you in his first post:

Requirements & Installation:

• An existing, vanilla installation of the Origins Skin is required.
  • Dom's custom keymaps.xml is required. This is to be obtained from Dom's thread, linked above this line.
  • Extract the Updated UI zip into the skin's root directory, XBMC\skin\XBMC Origins\

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The XMBC Origins UI Update Mod requires having the XBMC Origins v1.0.0 skin installed along with the updated keymaps file from Dom DXecutioner's original thread:

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

The links are provided at the bottom of the first post.  However, there is no artwork or icons - the _resources/ content to add to each game's folder - included with the skin. 

For Playstation 4's [WIP] XBMC Origins UI Update Mod, he tells you in his first post:

Requirements & Installation:

• An existing, vanilla installation of the Origins Skin is required.
  • Dom's custom keymaps.xml is required. This is to be obtained from Dom's thread, linked above this line.
  • Extract the Updated UI zip into the skin's root directory, XBMC\skin\XBMC Origins\

Yup, all this exactly.

Every time you add a new game, you need to create a thumb.jpg to show up in the 'Featured Games' window. /Game/_resources/artwork/thumb.jpg  I usually resize pictures to approx 450x250 to get them to show up nicely.

I took me awhile to figure it out, but there is a database file buried deep in XBMC that needs to be deleted if you want to delete a game from your drive and not have it still show up in the 'Featured Games' list.

I downloaded the file and checked what's inside.  Folders for resources of many Xbox games and emulators.  Too bad they aren't in <Game Name>/_resources/artwork/ folders.

They are in:

• resources_emu/
    • <Emulator Name>/ (for 45 emulators)
      • fanart.jpg
      • poster.jpg
  • resources_xbox/
    • <Game_Name>/ (for 752 games)
      • cd.jpg
      • fanart.jpg
      • icon.jpg
      • poster.jpg
      • thumb.jpg