OGXbox.com

XBox HD AV Pack - Pricing Error?

malarrya

I very recently put my name on a waiting list for this Xbox HD AV pack since it was decently priced. I never thought it would actually come in but it did this morning and I was able to get it. It clearly shows the OG Xbox HD AV pack and says so in the title but the Platform says Xbox 360. I wonder if this is a mistake and Lukie games thinks this is a 360 item or if Lukie games doesn't know what this HD Pack is really worth. In any case, if they send the wrong item, I'll just return it for a refund. It's cheap enough to take a chance on. I'll let you all know if I receive the correct item. In the meantime, you may want to put your name of the waiting list in case another comes along.

https://www.lukiegames.com/xbox-hd-high-definition-av-pack#

image.png.9cc619a2893f866ab95c52e9cb33c3f1.png

• malarrya changed the title to XBox HD AV Pack - Pricing Error?
10 minutes ago, irlandez said:

I don't want to upset you. do you think this lot is still relevant? look at the placement date.

The High Definition Audio Video pack is still very relevant. It's one of the best ways to get the best image from the original Xbox. A lot of folks are paying between $40-$80 dollars (US) plus shipping on eBay for this.

image.thumb.png.3b2f504e3067beab303155793fc3acee.png

They shipped ‘em something!

But OP makes a good point. People who don’t really know what they’re looking at often conflate OGX and 360 A/V connectors. I found a listing at vintage stock for ONE original Xbox cable, but when a I went in to grab it they “didn’t have it in inventory” because someone marked it as a 360 cable. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, irlandez said:

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Myriann-HDMI-Xbox-HDMI/32947444026.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3fd433edZjEvSB

look closely at this Converter) good quality output pictures on the TV

I thought about getting an HDMI cable but the technology still has a ways to go in terms of compatibility with all games and screens. The HDMI cable also looks a bit darker and the colors a bit less saturated than a component cable. The review is from 1 year ago (May 13th, 2018) not 11 years ago and the buyer was happy he got the real Microsoft OG Xbox component cable for this price. Mine just shipped an hour ago as they only had this 1 in stock.

image.png.52af4e42d6a2843753b502dc91106ab5.png

Edited by malarrya

1 hour ago, Magicaldave said:

Looks like a damn good price for the av pack! Have you tried one of these before?

I’ved used one for a long time and the picture seems pretty good! Would like to see if there’s a noticeable difference there. 

I haven't used one but I'd really like to do a comparison between the two cables. From the so-called "Experts" on You-tube, the cheap component cables are hit and miss. I think it has to do with the shielding covering the cables. I suppose, if the shielding can be improved with duct, foil, electrical, or some other tape/covering, they may be just as good. I would think it may be easy to cut the head off one of these cheap ones and splice it onto a good component cable. The only downside is that there is no Optical/Toslink connection which is pretty important to me

11 minutes ago, oldmate said:

I just picked up one of these on eBay here in Oz for $20 AUD.

Yet to test it but hopefully it is good, I'll let you know.

That's a pretty decent price for the HDMI! I am sure it's perfect, especially at that price, and I'd probably be on board to get one like a Pound HD Link cable but it seems Pound need a couple more revisions to make it the best choice.

20 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I just made a couple of XOSVPs and finally had the opportunity to try it out last night.  Unreal quality for video and sound.  Check this out: 

The XOSVP seems to be the best way to go (although the are all sold out right now). The biggest problem I see with component cables is that many newer TVs are no longer including the component connections. Eventually, we'll all have to use some sort of HDMI converter, mod the Xbox so it has an HDMI output, or use an Xbox to HDMI cable (once these manufacturers start making better quality cables). I actually have a 4K TV with a component connection but I feed it through a Yamaha receiver that outputs it through HDMI. The picture looks amazing but it may be introducing a tiny bit of lag.  This image I took with my phone doesn't do it justice:

image.thumb.png.04bf9c5f68df3e8d3a12d7b4ae376718.png

Edited by malarrya

17 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I make the XOSVPs.  PM me if you are interested.

I am definitely interested. It may be a couple weeks before I can purchase one, however. I bought way too many things this past week; most notably, a Sega 32x Night Trap CD. I probably paid too much for it but oh well :)

I just received the HD AV Pack in the mail on Monday. Before it arrived, I found a really nice set of component cables and an 80 pin IDE cable in my electronics junk bin. I have this plastic tub filled to the top of old wires and computer parts so I occasionally dig through it and find new treasures :). Connected the cables and AV pack all up and it works awesome!