OGXbox.com

Evtool Logo Color Customization

RBBT

Nope. But it sounds like the colors are invalid.

Looking at the UI,  it seems there is a “Save As” option to write the configuration to a .cfg file. 

If this is the case, open said file and look for values corresponding to each color value you’re trying to adjust. No experience doing this with M8+ BIOSes but on IND-BIOS it’s pretty self explanatory stuff like “XLipColor” etc. 

Take the values and see if they’re valid RGB colors by plugging the six numeric values in here e.g black should be “000000”

8 hours ago, RBBT said:

Anyone have experience customizing the logo colors of an EvoX BIOS with EVTool? Are all the color choices supposed to actually work? I tried making sort of a blue theme, but after flashing it just shows up black and grey.

Yes, I've used it.  All the color choices are supposed to work.  Can you provide a link to a copy of your updated BIOS file? 

That way, I can take a look at the file and try to figure out what's wrong.

I FTP'd the .bin file I flashed back over to my PC and opened it up in EVTool and sure enough all the color options were set to solid black. I think maybe I just transferred the wrong one when I was playing around with it. I'm hoping it was just user error and that it didn't get corrupted at some point in the saving or FTP'ing process because that's really scary to think about. I ended up making another one with the default color scheme and Evo logo + TM symbols removed and I'm pretty happy with it. Looks clean.

• Like 1