OGXbox.com

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, I'm new here, so of course have questions. :P

I recently installed an aladdinxt to a 1.6 console with a 2tb sdd upgrade. My question is, is there a way to retrieve my saved data from my old 1.0 console? I know you can transfer a lot of things normally, but some stuff doesn't give you an option to copy. My 1.0 box is not modded. I also have some dlc from the old xbox live on there, that I'd like to retrieve, but have no idea how. 

thanks everyone for your feedback.

9 minutes ago, point.vector said:

My question is, is there a way to retrieve my saved data from my old 1.0 console? I know you can transfer a lot of things normally, but some stuff doesn't give you an option to copy. My 1.0 box is not modded.

First, thanks for joining! We’re glad to have more people around :)

As far as the DLC, you honestly might as well leave it. Dashboards developed by Rocky5 and just good ol’ google-fu will get you all the DLC you need. 

For the saves, you’ll be able be to locate these in the E:\UDATA folder. They’re organized by numbers, not names, so it might be kinda hard to locate individually, but you can FTP them directly to your 1.6 or a computer. 

However you’ll have to mod the 1.0 somehow or another to do this. I’d suggest a softmod if you are equipped to do it. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll have to find some tutorials on modding a 1.0 :)

One problem I'm having is how long it's taking for my ssd to boot. Sometimes I have to restart my box 3/4 to get it to boot. I've seen mention of moving the dashboard, but what I've seen in the forums leaves out exactly how to do this? Is there a guide somewhere that I'm missing? 

Thank you again!

20 minutes ago, point.vector said:

I'll have to find some tutorials on modding a 1.0 :)

Besides having to rebuild the LPC port on the underside of the board, the two systems can be modded in a completely identical manner. It’s actually a lot less involved on 1.0-1.5 because of this. 

You could swap the chip, boot a HeXen disc in the 1.0, and FTP the saves over this way. 

Or, here’s a good softmod tutorial by MrMario2011, who I believe occasionally shows up on this very forum: 

26 minutes ago, point.vector said:

One problem I'm having is how long it's taking for my ssd to boot. Sometimes I have to restart my box 3/4 to get it to boot. I've seen mention of moving the dashboard, but what I've seen in the forums leaves out exactly how to do this? Is there a guide somewhere that I'm missing? 

Thank you again!

First things first: DO NOT MOVE YOUR DASHBOARD UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOUR BIOS WILL BOOT IT. 

I tried jacking around with my dash in this manner a couple years ago and ended up spending the better part of three days trying to fix it. 

More pertinent: I had this exact same issue on some softmodded consoles I plopped SSDs into. Exactly every other time, the console would show the “XBOX” screen, then go completely black forever. Second attempt would work fine. 

In my case, the fix was to install the kernel font version specific to my revision of Xbox. By default Rocky5 softmod installs the generic fonts which will work on any revision console.

Read through my thread on the same issue here: 

Do be careful, as if you have a softmod installed on a hardmodded system they tend to conflict and cause that same issue. I personally did not encounter any such problems until I accidentally flashed an ancient BIOS ago my TSOP’ed console. YMMV

Thank you, you've been awesome. 

...and yeah, I know of MrMario. I've followed lots of his tutorials :)

So far, I've modded a few xboxes, because I've had bad caps or whatever with a few of them, so my knowledge has increased quite a bit, as well as my soldering skills. 

As far as I can tell, it's easier for me to hard mod my consoles, because A) soldering is really simple with the xt, and 2) Splinter Cell is pretty much my favorite game. So that puts quite a hindrance on the soft mod route :P

I've really been wanting to check out the rocky5 mod, so I guess this can be my excuse to do it :)

BTW, in all my years of using forums, this is the first time I've actually gotten an answer to anything. Either someone suggests power cycling, or I just get a troll answer. 

Again, you've been awesome. Thank you so much for the links too!!!

I'll be sure to not delete my dash and check out the font suggestion. I have some work ahead of me XD

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The specific kernel fonts only have anything to do with a softmod install, not a hardmod installation booting a hacked BIOS from a modchip.

D’oh! I should have asked but I have ended up wit a couple consoles that did both without knowing better. 

Also since this is a hardmodded system, how was did your drive set up?

@KaosEngineerI've used a few different ones, as I bought 10 of them.

@MagicaldaveThe drive set up wasn't bad. I used the Hexin2019 disc and used chimp to set up my partitions. I did it from scratch and did not clone a drive. I installed most of the apps on the disc, so have a few dashboards to choose from. But everything is in the default folders, as I didn't really care where stuff got installed. I did install all the hexen stuff to the first 5g partition though. I can't recall the drive letter. 

If I've done something dumb or wrong, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to redo my sdd, as all I have on there are my copied game saves and my games I've ripped. I haven't learned how to ftp yet, so that is the next project to try to learn to do tonight. I still have 3 more mod chips, so it shouldn't be a problem to mod my 1.0 to ftp that drive as well. Much to do :P

Edited by point.vector
added stuff

I’ve not actually had to build a drive with HeXen before as my systems were either clones or hand-built, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t install a softmod. Can’t really comment beyond that. 

If you haven’t already I’d test it with each of your adapters, the StarTech ones tend to work best .

Another important bit: are you still using the stock IDE cable? A 80-wire/40-pin IDE cable is recommended. If you’re not sure, you can easily tell by comparing the stock cable and what you’re using visually. The 80 wires are a lot denser. 

Dryrotted, huh? I’ve never even heard of that. But IDE cables in general are a pain. 

Besides adapters, this isn’t necessarily a fix, but you could see if pulling your DVD drive helps. I usually always do this to my hardmodded consoles because I rarely use them and it tends to make them start up a bit faster. 

18 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

First, thanks for joining! We’re glad to have more people around :)

As far as the DLC, you honestly might as well leave it. Dashboards developed by Rocky5 and just good ol’ google-fu will get you all the DLC you need. 

For the saves, you’ll be able be to locate these in the E:\UDATA folder. They’re organized by numbers, not names, so it might be kinda hard to locate individually, but you can FTP them directly to your 1.6 or a computer. 

However you’ll have to mod the 1.0 somehow or another to do this. I’d suggest a softmod if you are equipped to do it. 

An easy way to find the game saves you want on a modded system is to go into game saves manager on your dash and by each game is the id number, you can then ftp the save back to your pc or just use a memory stick if the game save will allow.

@Ging3rguyYeah, that was initially my problem. I copied over the saves like my xbox wasn't modded or anything, but half of my saves (like Mafia) didn't allow me to copy the save. No idea why, but I had a few that wouldn't let me. I learned the whole ftp thing last night and set it all up. At first it worked no problem, then it quit working for no reason at all. Ugh, I really hate networking. Anyway, this morning I just shoved Hexin back in and used those settings without booting to a dashboard, and that is working really well. 

As for my boot times, I noticed that I installed the dashboard to the F directory, so I'm going to move it to the C and see if it speeds things up. 

@Magicaldave, @KaosEngineer: thank you guys so much for your help. I think everything is working perfectly now! XD

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, point.vector said:

@Ging3rguyYeah, that was initially my problem. I copied over the saves like my xbox wasn't modded or anything, but half of my saves (like Mafia) didn't allow me to copy the save. No idea why, but I had a few that wouldn't let me. I learned the whole ftp thing last night and set it all up. At first it worked no problem, then it quit working for no reason at all. Ugh, I really hate networking. Anyway, this morning I just shoved Hexin back in and used those settings without booting to a dashboard, and that is working really well. 

As for my boot times, I noticed that I installed the dashboard to the F directory, so I'm going to move it to the C and see if it speeds things up. 

@Magicaldave, @KaosEngineer: thank you guys so much for your help. I think everything is working perfectly now! XD

Tried using xbmc’s game save manger for trouble some game saves last night and it saved them to a memory stick without the issues I was getting with unleashx’s