OGXbox.com

Solderless 1.6 Adapter - Has Anyone Tried This?

Dave C.

• 2 weeks later...

Xenium S.P ICE adapter works as I have an 1.6 with it installed.  There are tiny spring wires that fit into vias to re-connect each of the required signals that MS removed from the LPC debug header for the modchip to work.  

(still looking for my pictures of S.P ICE adapter.. Will update when I locate them, Don't think I ever took any real good pictures and deleted them. :() The following are not pictures in my Xbox but the Xenium S.P. ICE modchip kit's components.  The solderless adapter has 3 parts.  The plastic guide shield to align the spring wires into the proper vias (which mine is missing), the black pin header with 1 lead and the white adapter that plugs into the first's pin header then the modchip on top of the entire contraption.

xenium-spice.jpg.c72b1a033505dd763d349eb2b9334251.jpg

As, the modchip was already installed in this used v1.6 ogXbox, the USB to controller port adapter was missing and the header thru hole inserts.  Also, there was no fail-safe plastic guide making it a real pain in the a** to get the wires back into the correct vias.

xenium-sp-solderless.gif.6e203fa9ddcbd33954c1a2ad9c66746f.gif

Team Xecuter's Xapt3r v1.6 did tooxapt3r_1-6.jpg.6835445efc47f96e465ce5005a219bab.jpg

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dave C. said:

It doesn't specifically mention the Aladdin XT Plus2..  Do you think it would work with that one?  The only reason I ask is that I picked up a new sealed one cheap.

This is the only feature that I'm not sure the Aladdin XT plus 2 supports:

arrow_navy.gif Can be used with any Modchip that uses LPC pin #4 for D0 for a solderless connection

I think you could solder a wire from the Aladdin XT plus 2's D0 pad to pin 4 of the header.  I've not doubled checked to make sure there is no connection (N/C) to that pin but as it was unused in v1.0-v1.5 ogXboxes ... should be a good ASSumption.

IIRC, pin 4 has no connection for a lot of modchips.  1.0-1.5 Xbox's have no thru-hole pin at this location on the LPC debug header.  With the advent of solderless adapters, hacker teams added D0 connection to this unused pin thus eliminating the need to solder a wire to the modchip and ogXbox motherboard for D0 point connection.

LPC Debug Header ogXbox v1.0-1.5 (No pin 4 hole). This is really a v1.0 LPC debug header but other versions were similar - not filled with solder.59af484cd1d3e_LPC_header_v1.0-v1.5(Horizontal)335x320px.jpg.fc12932e03f8bfc4bcaefa9ce837b807.jpg

LPC Debug Header ogXbox v1.6 (pin 1 white arrow/square pad) all odds on bottom row (same side as pin 1) and all even pins on top row.LPC_header.png.1aa5246c6e45bf0c18f8578f021b255d.png

Team Xecuter's X3 pin header install guide for a v1.6 Xbox shows that pin 4, 6 (always on 5Vdc) and 16 are removed from the pin header before soldering into place in the ogXbox motherboard's LPC Debug port.59af49aabe39f_X3pinheaderpreparation.PNG.1297d84da7fa7d01f34ce192619cd6d6.PNG

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, tron4200 said:

Where can you get the soldlerless adapter for it

Not sure there's a 100% solderless adapter for the Aladdin XT plus 2. 

D0 has to be connected to the D0 point of the motherboard. 

As pin 4 is not used on the LPC debug header, modchips with solderless adapters routed connection to D0 through that pin on the modchip's pin header.

KfgRUJQ.png

v1.0-v1.5 LPC Debug Header

NqsCRKH.png

V1.6 LPC Debug Header.  Note via hole present for pin 4 but modchip installation instructions for v1.6 Xbox's tell you to first pull pins 4 (signal ??) and pin 6 (always on 5Vdc instead of switched as with prior Xbox versions) from the header before installation/soldering.

Edited by KaosEngineer

No one really sells these anymore because most places that "offer" them are rip offs. For instance, look at the copyright notice at the bottom of that website... 2000-2006??? Click on the "LIVE CHAT" button at the top left. It won't load and says the account no longer exists. This is definitely not a legit site. You know what they say " If it's too good to be true then it isn't true"