OGXbox.com

XEcuter X2.6ce Help Please

Bluesman1967

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my post,requesting urgent help with regards my.Xecuter X2.6CE modchip.

As you can see in the photo i've uploaded.The red 5v socket is damaged (it was like this when i was given the chip,many years ago with the front switch board and chip to switch board cable BUT their wasn't the red 5v wire included).The socket's plastic has been damaged and it's missing it's 2 tiny pins.The 2 solder pads are still there though and i have tried soldering on a peice of wire to go from the solder pad on the chip to the 5v point on my V1.6 Xbox.

No luck what so ever,even though i have tried the wire on both pads (one by one and not bridged together of course) When i power up my console,it will quickly power on then switch off,then again quickly switch on,then switch off.It does this 3 times then it'll stay on with a black screen and the front RF boards LED's flashing from red to green,red to green (Fragging i think it's known as)

Please can anyone help me as to where i need to solder the piece of wire on the chip so i can use the chip in my V1.6 Xbox ? Thanks so much guys,any help from you would be truely apprieciated indeed.

Xecuter x2.6CE.jpg

A 1.6 requires an LPC rebuild on the bottom of the motherboard.  Either soldering wires as shown in the following tutorial or installing a 1.6 quicksolder LPC rebuild board.

http://web.archive.org/web/20051104144504/http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm?CMSSESSID=73783668b52e4923223e8f52bdec83dd

Team Xecuter modchip installation for X2.6CE or X3 modchip.  It would have been nice if they'd added a picture of the X2.6CE showing which of the two wires in the RED header on the modchip is connected to 5Vdc.  

Pin 6 of the pin header should be removed before soldering it into the LPC debug port of the Xbox.  Pin 6 of a 1.6 is always powered on; thus, the need for an alternate switched 5Vdc source.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

A 1.6 requires an LPC rebuild on the bottom of the motherboard.  Either soldering wires as shown in the following tutorial or installing a 1.6 quicksolder LPC rebuild board.

http://web.archive.org/web/20051104144504/http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm?CMSSESSID=73783668b52e4923223e8f52bdec83dd

Team Xecuter modchip installation for X2.6CE or X3 modchip.  It would have been nice if they'd added a picture of the X2.6CE showing which of the two wires in the RED header on the modchip is connected to 5Vdc.  

Pin 6 of the pin header should be removed before soldering it into the LPC debug port of the Xbox.  Pin 6 of a 1.6 is always powered on; thus, the need for an alternate switched 5Vdc source.

I did the LPC rebuild on the underside of the motherboard.I've fitted Aladdin XT chips in V1.6 Xbox's before,so i know how to solder and do the LPC wires.

8 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Is this what you meant by where to attach the 5V?6C77AAD6-37A8-44A3-AE98-54B9D70125A1.jpeg.549c8a626facf767652db2a93a9c3c5d.jpeg

That red 5v wire coming from the chip to the 5v point,is it 1 single wire from the small red socket on the chip going to the 5v point on the 1.6 motherboard and if it is just 1 single wire,which of the 2 pads on my chip should i have the wire soldered to please ?

Yes it is a single wire. Not sure which pad though, I will check at the weekend. If you have a multimeter you could check for continuity by testing between the pads and the socket for number 6 pin on the pin socket adapter or follow the traces on the back of the chip.

• Like 1