OGXbox.com

Injecting Ind-5003.67 Bios Does Nothing

Magicaldave

So I was trying to inject the .cfg into a 5003.67 box. (Duh) This seemed to work but I noticed the .cfg loading delay was still in place. I figured this was because I had left a .cfg sitting on C:\

But I deleted the .cfg file, and afterward the default IND intro played and the system sat on the IND-BIOS X Screen indefinitely. What gives? There were no errors when injecting in Windows. It just doesn't seem to have done anything except prevent an error screen from presenting. 

Just now, Kekule said:

injecting the CFG does not work!   if you had tried it with 5004 you would have bricked your TSOP

I noticed! I did manage to reflash to an older version of EvoX but this presents the exact same issue on multiple unlocked Hd’s. I’m hoping I can fix by installing my modchip which is equipped with the latest EvoX, then reflash IND and forget about injecting. 

13 minutes ago, Magicaldave said:

I noticed! I did manage to reflash to an older version of EvoX but this presents the exact same issue on multiple unlocked Hd’s. I’m hoping I can fix by installing my modchip which is equipped with the latest EvoX, then reflash IND and forget about injecting. 

Yes, the chip will work

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

What app did you use to reflash the BIOS?

What version is your Xbox? Update: I thought you'd said it before - v1.1 Xbox.

Which brand and part number is the TSOP flash device on the motherboard? Update: STMicroelectronics TSOP flash - 1MB in size.

Good guess! Lol. It is an ST chip and I flashed with EvolutionX’s dash tool. 

Was the Evox BIOS file - M8plus.bin?

I don't understand why it would hang at the big X logo screen.  It reads no configuration file to boot up.

Does the word Microsoft appear below the big X?

And, during the startup animation, you see the EvoX purple shield in the upper left-hand corner of the screen ?

38 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Was the Evox BIOS file - M8plus.bin?

I don't understand why it would hang at the big X logo screen.  It reads no configuration file to boot up.

Does the word Microsoft appear below the big X?

And, you see the EvoX purple shield in the upper left-hand corner of the screen?

The MICROSOFT logo does indeed appear. 

It was NOT M8Plus.Bin. I flashed EvoXM7, apparently. This is the BIOS file that was packed with EvolutionX dash 3935. There is no big pink logo in the top left as would be expected. 

Even without a CFG file I’d expect IND to give an error but maybe it was just my revised version breaking. 

You know what? I can’t check right now but I think the hanging behavior may be caused by the fact that both drives are trying to run Rocky5 softmod on top of the modded BIOS. So I need to grab one, boot a HeXen CD and clean the thing. 

Edited by Magicaldave
Noob mistake

3 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Also a good idea to test it on a chip with multiple bios banks to make it easier to fix.

You know, I did this on a 1.1 so I wasn’t too worried about that. I figured I could just employ the 3-wire trick if things got real bad. 

I spent WAY too much time trying to do this and once I had recovered, I tried again and I’m not sure what exactly I flashed, but whatever it was it nuked my TSOP completely. Attempts to hotswap my chip failed multiple times and I ended up either busting my LPC or my modchip as I improvised a pin header from pins I ripped out of an old IDE dvd drive. Not sure as I spent 2 whole days on it and have a life outside Xbox modding to get back to, but hopefully I just need to rework a couple pins on the LPC.

So my attempts to make improvements to a friend’s console have now turned into my buddy getting a better console and I got jack while I figure this out :P