Sign in to follow this  
excaliburlives

Rom File Format for Sega Cd and Ps1

I'm trying to setup these madmab edition emu's for sega cd and ps1. On sega cd i'm using bin/cue files but it won't load the game. On ps1 i have img files and they won't load either. Are these the right format for the games?

I’m not extensively familiar with emulating Ps1 on Xbox, but from my experience doing so on PC you most likely do have the right format. Either IMG or BIN/cue is the ideal format for Ps1 games. Bin/cue does tend to work better from my experience. 

Don’t try to smash them into .iso. If you are using a stock console this *may* be part of the problem as the Ps1 tends to be really rough on the Xbox’s hardware. 

Also, you might try this emu for you Ps1 needs: Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Magicaldave

This on emulationstation took me 3 days to accomplish. It's not just as simple as Bin/cue you have to make sure that one is pointing to the other. Depending on where you got your pack from they may have to be edited within the bin and cue file itself. This can be done on notepad plus plus. Or can be done through the file editor of an original Xbox. Another good tip is the spelling has to be exactly the same both as the main name for the Q and name for the bin.. also within these files they have to be named the same. I wish you good luck..

I use Madmab PcsXbox v23, and I have the best luck with Bin/Cue in a separate folder for each game. I do have some games with just a Bin, but I believe I lose the CD music on those games. But they otherwise play fine.

Edited by crushingyourhead

I found out the hard way that the ISO files don't exactly work well in XBMC Emustation so I found a program called PowerISO that converts ISO to BIN/CUE. The trouble, however, is that I didn't want to spend hours clicking on each file to do a conversion. Fortunately, the program has a command line function so I decided to make a BAT file that runs automatically and it worked awesome. It does have a limitation of only doing ISO less than 300MB unless it's registered (but I found a way get around that). For your conversion pleasure, I have attached my BAT file for anyone who wants it. Just follow these steps:

1. Download PowerISO from here - Please login or register to see this link.
  2. I used C:\TEMP for my input folder and C:\TEMP\BIN-CUE for my output folder. Create these folders.
      a. You can change these folders if you want but then you will need to edit all the lines in the BAT file to match.
  3. Place all your SEGA-CD ISO roms in the C:\TEMP folder
  4. Place the BAT file within the folder where you installed PowerISO. Mine is C:\Program Files\PowerISO
  5. Double-click the BAT file. If you did everything right, the program should start converting the ISOs to BIN/CUE files.
  6. Move the files over to your Xbox, scan them in, and they should all show up and work.

Let me know if you encounter any problems or have any questions.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by malarrya