Sign in to follow this  
RoofTop

1 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz XBox Problem Game(S)

There's a few games not working on faster cpu.

Does anyone know how to get Return to Castle Wolfenstein (NTSC) to run with a faster cpu ?  (1 ghz, 1.4 ghz) ?

On startup it dIsplays the first copyright screen and then it freezes just before loading the ESRB notice. HDD spins down to low activity. Same result happens if I use xbepatcher on the default.xbe.  On my stock xbox this game runs just fine.

Did anyone ever manage to get GTA Vice City to run properly on a 1GHz or 1.4GHz CPU? I disassembled the xbe to have a look through it, but it doesn't seem to work the same as the likes of San Andreas. I know that with San Andreas, it had a QueryPerformanceFrequency call and it was just hex for 733333 (MHz instead of KHz), but Vice City doesn't seem to work in the same way at all.

7 hours ago, Steo1024 said:

Did anyone ever manage to get GTA Vice City to run properly on a 1GHz or 1.4GHz CPU? I disassembled the xbe to have a look through it, but it doesn't seem to work the same as the likes of San Andreas. I know that with San Andreas, it had a QueryPerformanceFrequency call and it was just hex for 733333 (MHz instead of KHz), but Vice City doesn't seem to work in the same way at all.

interested in the same topic with you, also, do you have the values to patch GTA SA? I never succeded to patch it right.

14 hours ago, neighbor said:

interested in the same topic with you, also, do you have the values to patch GTA SA? I never succeded to patch it right.

Yeah San Andreas is easy enough. I still patched the default value of 55 C7 B5 2B with 00 CA 9A 3B too just to be sure, but additionally you need to change all instances of 95 30 0B with 40 42 0F.

If you have a 1.4GHz CPU, you'll want to replace 55 C7 B5 2B with 00 4E 72 53, and all instances of 95 30 0B with C0 5C 15 instead.

Edited by Steo1024
  • Like 1

For some reason, it's not working in Vice City. Once they've all been changed, the game still runs too fast. It seems to run choppy too for some reason after altering the values.

Splinter Cell games work once the values have been altered in other xbe files. I'll quote myself from assemblergames:

It turns out Chaos Theory has sc3.xbe and sc3_adv.xbe, I just edited those to have the 1000000000Hz value and that seems to have solved the problem. Pandora Tomorrow has Offline.xbe that also needs the value changed to make the game work. As for San Andreas, I only noticed the first post had a quote which stated that it's usually in Hz, while that's kHz. I just got confused because I've seen that it's in kHz instead of MHz, but it's usually a value in Hz.

Edited by Steo1024
  • Like 1

I can have a look later and see if the game has a similar value. 

I also just noticed I made a little mistake in my other post, 733333 is KHz (not MHz), while the value is normally 733333333, which is Hz. If it was MHz, it would be just 733.

11 hours ago, A Murder of Crows said:

I wonder, are there fixes like this for Star Wars: Battlefront 2?

I just checked, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 works by just changing the normal value of  55 C7 B5 2B to 00 CA 9A 3B, which means XBEpatcher should work on it without the need to hex edit.