OGXbox.com

1 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz XBox Problem Game(S)

RoofTop

11 hours ago, Onaga said:

Thanks! Morrowind works perfect! Both, english and german version. 720p Patch is awesome as well. Didn't test any other mods for the game yet.

I spent around 1h in the game... not very much but enough to tell it's awesome!

You can check this, there is some footage of Morrowind in 720p.

Depends on the emulator.

PCSX-ReloadedX is greate for Fighting Games. You can basically watch the whole end of the video... of course it's in german but you get some really good footage between

PCSX-ReloadedX and PCSXbox v23 emulator.

I would recommand PCSXbox v23... sometimes it's even better to turn of the FPS Limit.... but only sometimes.

Try Pcsxbox from tabajara - So far best one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I wanted to ask, I tried to use xbe patcher for a few xbox classic games, several emulators, I set the patch to 128mb or 64mb, set the processor 1000mhz, 1400mhz, 100,200mhz and what didn't I set, all the games fired worked the same ??  Why is this patcher a fake?  Do you need to set anything else?  Thank you.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, Onaga said:

-57 Games that run too fast no matter how I patched.

-23 Games that didn't work no matter what

1GHZ Xbox can underclock to 730 mhz and resolve all the compatibility issues with Xbox games. 1.4GHZ Xbox can not underclock this low.
So 1GHZ is better if you look for full compatibility with Xbox games and still have enough power for good emulation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1ghzowner said:

1GHZ Xbox can underclock to 730 mhz and resolve all the compatibility issues with Xbox games. 1.4GHZ Xbox can not underclock this low.
So 1GHZ is better if you look for full compatibility with Xbox games and still have enough power for good emulation.

I'll give this a shot when I get my motherboard in for testing cpus before install.

43 minutes ago, coldasijs said:

@Donnie-BurgerReally interested to learn your findings as a fresh 1.4ghz owner. According to the specs the lowest FSB speed is 100 MHz which supports the statement of @1ghzowner. However also found a topic here were someone commented that he managed to lower the FSB to 70. Another person commented he couldn’t get it lower the 98.

Once I get one going I will be testing like crazy.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 1ghzowner said:

exactly, because that was a 1GHZ Xbox, not a 1.4GHZ.

Do you know why the 1 GHz apparently can hit much lower FSB limits? They 1.0 and 1.4 GHz processors are both from the same process. With my limited knowledge FSB limits should be roughly the same. Can it be that the 1 GHz is basically an undervolted 1.4GHz?

Xan we actually play with the voltages?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coldasijs said:

Do you know why the 1 GHz apparently can hit much lower FSB limits? They 1.0 and 1.4 GHz processors are both from the same process. With my limited knowledge FSB limits should be roughly the same. Can it be that the 1 GHz is basically an undervolted 1.4GHz?

Someone stated that he thinks the 1.4GHZ schematic / voltages were slightly off /wrong.  Maybe this is it.

4 hours ago, coldasijs said:

unfortunately I don't know. My speculation is - some Xboxes can't go that much low on the FSB.

Edited by 1ghzowner

On 8/6/2022 at 12:32 AM, 1ghzowner said:

it's actually no big deal for me. most of them are sports games that I don't play anyways and the very few good titles I can play on my regular xbox.

I'm using my 1.4Ghz all the time. It works like a charm. :)

After some though over the last few years, it is my belief the SDRAM does not POST when a 1.4ghz is under clocked below 100 FSB. The JEDEC standard was 66.66mhz 100mhz or 133mhz. I had planned to return to testing but wanted to reach a stable 1.4ghz build in XBMX4GAMERS first. Sadly, I have not been able to sustain a dashboard without locking up, let alone a game. I became frustrated and set 2 of these beauties aside. Input on working builds would be helpful. 

• Like 1