Ryzee119

Spi2par2019 for XEnium Modchip.

Hello!

For those people with a Xenium modchip, I have made an open source recreation of a legacy adaptor that allowed you to use extremely common and cheap HD44780 compliant character LCD displays with the Xenium modchip SPI interface. The legacy adaptor was called 'SPI2PAR' and has long since been out of production and extremely hard to come by. The old website actually still works for now (Please login or register to see this link. ) if you want  to see what it was all about.

This design and info is all on my github page :D Please login or register to see this link.

It does everything the old one does I believe (although I never had one), but it also can read the Xbox SMBus directly with a couple extra wires to the LPC header for temperatures from the ADM1032 onboard temperature chip and fan speed which are displayed and updated on the LCD mid-game.

It can also read the Conexant and Focus video chips to work out was resolution your game is running at which is displayed on the LCD aswell. (This doesnt work on a 1.6 though due to the Xcalibur chip)

XBMC can already display these, but these extra SMBus features will only apply when you're in a game or program that doesn't normally support LCD.

Works best on a 20x4 character display.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, neighbor said:

is it possible to display CPU/GPU/RAM load during game runtime? Haven't seen any modchip displaying that.

I don't really know to be honest. It's not available on the System Management Bus to my knowledge. 

4 hours ago, neighbor said:

is it possible to display CPU/GPU/RAM load during game runtime? Haven't seen any modchip displaying that.

I dont think that these values are able to be pulled from the SMBUS

• Like 1

I have everything set up and working, however, the LCD has a lot of flicker to it. I have tried several capacitor values across the ground and VO and it has not helped. it dims the display with no flicker, then as soon as I adjust the contrast it comes right back. is there a solution for this? I have 5 of the spi2par clones and they all have the same issue. as a note, I have the legacy spi2par from greengiant and it does not have this problem.

• Like 1

I have fixed the flickering issue mentioned by @John7272 and a software update has been pushed to github.

The default Arduino PWM driver is terrible, so I manually overwrote the timer prescaler. It is a significantly better PWM output now :)

• Thanks 1