OGXbox.com

Tsop Flash of M29f002bt70n1

sidocious

Hi Friends,

Today I met a special motherboard, it is not version of 1.2 or 1.3... It has an M29F002BT70N1 flash memory in it.

So I met this type so many years ago and as I remember, than I can't flash it, I had to use modchip to modding the xbox.

Maybe I'm wrong but as I see on the datasheet it has 2MB memory? How can I flash it? I do not find BIOS for it...

Any idea?

Thank you in advance!

BR: SiD

• KaosEngineer changed the title to Tsop Flash of M29f002bt70n1
23 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It's 2Mbit not Mbyte - 256K x 8. 

ST Microelectronics TSOP flash memory chip used on various Xbox motherboards revisions - 1.2-1.5.

Okay, as I said before my English not my motherlanguage, maybe I misread something :)

But, the fact is I do not find any bios version for it. I try many types of "installer" but there aren't any flash information for that.

I found this one in my evox.ini: "Flash = 0x20b0,"ST M29F002T/NT/BT/BNT",0x40000"
Is this one needed to identify M29F002BT70N1?

Hmm, I confused, my flasher tool can identify the M29F002BT70N1, but it said, 256 KB flash file is doesn't good for it...

Now I'm tired, tomorrow I will try again and try to make photos about it...

Thanks for everything!

16 minutes ago, sidocious said:

I found this one in my evox.ini: "Flash = 0x20b0,"ST M29F002T/NT/BT/BNT",0x40000"
Is this one needed to identify M29F002BT70N1?

Yes

16 minutes ago, sidocious said:

Hmm, I confused, my flasher tool can identify the M29F002BT70N1, but it said, 256 KB flash file is doesn't good for it...

If the flashing software says the BIOS is no good, the flash enable points must not be connected.

Any 256KB BIOS should work -  M8+ F and G, iND-BiOS 5003 or 5004, X2 4983.67 or 4981.67.

If using iND-BiOS, you need to upload the ind-bios.cfg file to the C drive before flashing the TSOP.

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes

If the flashing software says the BIOS is no good, the flash enable points must not be connected.

Any 256KB BIOS should work -  M8+ F and G, iND-BiOS 5003 or 5004, X2 4983.67 or 4981.67.

If using iND-BiOS, you need to upload the ind-bios.cfg file to the C drive before flashing the TSOP.

I always use kynar wire to connect points not just "soldering" it... So it is really interesting, but I will test that again, thank you!

20 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which dot bin files are you trying to use? What size are they?

Some are 1MB files (4x duplication of the same BIOS's dot bin file one after another) for 1.0-1.1 flash chips.  Those BIOS dot bin files won't work as they are too big for a 256KB flash chip.

I would like to use 256K Evo M8+ +137 FC.

Bios file sizes are crystal clear for me and the knowledge of splitting or merging too :)

Now I can't test the flashing, cause children take the tv room from me... Maybe tomorrow.