Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Installing the Ryzee HDMI Encoder


 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/3/2024 at 9:02 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

The green internal LEDs... or rather, the wiring for them. Hooked up to the fan header.

Ah ok, i did wonder if it was something like that lol. 

I am on the fence about doing a hdmi mod, I've been offered one but not sure on the soldering skills and if I have them :D 

I am about to attempt my first 128mb ram mod so I guess I'll see how that goes first......

 

EDIT - Bottled out on the 128mb mod so it would guess the HDMI mod is a step too far for my impatient shaky hands lol

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20240604_185849-1.thumb.jpeg.c0a3bbf900ed5e845211766ec9b6236c.jpeg

Building one these soon and then hopefully work on some firmware for it!  Photo credit: @Harcroft  based on the board above, but with many many changes!

looking forward to the journey!  Disclaimer: this is not complete and not ready for public consumption…. Likely to change in final version 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dirtykash said:

Is there a Gerber for the flex to accommodate the v1.6 motherboards with an Xcalibur encoder?

Nope, I haven't done it yet. Once I'm satisfied with the 1.0-1.4 flex cable I'll finish up the 1.6 cable.

Yes the pinout on the FPC connector matches the pinout and the rough positioning of mm's products. I got it as close as I could using Ryzee119's original flex spacing and some pretty accurate estimations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dirtykash said:

Ah, so the mm's flex v1.6 flex cable would work PnP also?

I can't guarantee compatbility yet as I don't have either of his flex cable to test with, @dtomcat offered to test one of these boards with a mm 1.6 flex cable and I'm eagerly awaiting that feedback. That being said, it's specifically designed to be compatible with mm's flex cables and for my flex cable design to work with mm's boards.

At least two people have used earlier versions of the OXHD board with mm flex cables for older consoles.

Flex cable compatibility with the other HDMI boards on the market was the #1 most requested feature so I worked hard to oblige that request.

I will do a 1.6 cable even if Nemesis open sources his flex cables, I just can't promise it will be done when the board itself is released.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dtomcat said:

20240604_185849-1.thumb.jpeg.c0a3bbf900ed5e845211766ec9b6236c.jpeg

Building one these soon and then hopefully work on some firmware for it!  Photo credit: @Harcroft  based on the board above, but with many many changes!

looking forward to the journey!  Disclaimer: this is not complete and not ready for public consumption…. Likely to change in final version 

Show off. 😛 Hopefully I can be a part of the Alpha club too!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Show off. 😛 Hopefully I can be a part of the Alpha club too!

If you have a working Ryzee HDMI concept board right now you already are part of the "club". Absolutely nothing has changed in the way the firmware works. If you want to help testing future FW edits, you just need to the use the STM32F version of the FW when it's compiled.

The P03 board has the analog port, the 8 pin install connector, and some additional voltage regulation but functionally it's identical to Ryzee's original design.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Harcroft said:

If you have a working Ryzee HDMI concept board right now you already are part of the "club". Absolutely nothing has changed in the way the firmware works. If you want to help testing future FW edits, you just need to the use the STM32F version of the FW when it's compiled.

The P03 board has the analog port, the 8 pin install connector, and some additional voltage regulation but functionally it's identical to Ryzee's original design.

Then I assume you are testing the board using ryzees old firmware. Okay.

One problem I have is that the GPU is rendering in 480i... forced. I think that the pin bridging I did isn't taking because i did a number on my traces with my desoldering gun. In the future, I'm using hot air, which is what I ended up using. I'm gonna try to do another flex on another board and see if I can make it work correctly, since @Ryzee119 has mentioned that I should try something other than 480i, which may have been a hint that I did not do things 100 percent correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.