OGXbox.com

Identify Mod Chip

Canhaotigerpaw

It is one of the many variations of the Aladdin modchip, not exactly sure which. 

The BIOS flashed to it is an Xecuter2 BIOS since Microsoft under the big X logo at the end of the flubber animation has been changed to Xecuter2.

It holds 1 256KB BIOS.

Check the BIOS version by locating the kernel version in either the MS dashboard's System Info scroller - K:1.00.NNNN.DD value.  Or, the replacement dashboard's system info or skin.  Not all skins show the value but many do.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It is one of the many variations of the Aladdin modchip, not exactly sure which. 

The BIOS flashed to it is an Xecuter2 BIOS since Microsoft under the big X logo at the end of the flubber animation has been changed to Xecuter2.

It holds 1 256KB BIOS.

Check the BIOS version by locating the kernel version in either the MS dashboard's System Info scroller - K:1.00.NNNN.DD value.  Or, the replacement dashboard's system info or skin.  Not all skins show the value but many do.

Thanks i was trying to clone the hdd with chimp and it freezes on loading. What can i use to clone my hdd other than chimp?

What version of Chimp are you using?

You need to make sure your BIOS includes the latest LBA48 patch.  Some older versions of the X2 BIOS do not.

The latest X2 BIOS is 4983.67.  But, many prefer to use the previous version 4981.67 since the latest version cannot have its settings modified in XBTool v1.0.23a.  Team Xecuter encrypted it a different way than the 4981 version.

Other BIOSes could be used on this chip as well.  Evolution-X M8plus, iND-BiOS 5003 or iND-BiOS Beta Feb-11-05 (aka 5004).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Need to know what version of BIOS is installed and booting the console.

Which dashboard are you running?  Evoxdash and UnleashX both that a Settings page that shows you the kernel version installed if it's not displayed on the skin you are using.

As soon as i get home il make some photos of it thanks what shoul i do hera?

20190522_201902.jpg

Edited by Canhaotigerpaw
Insert pic

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Need to know what version of BIOS is installed and booting the console.

Which dashboard are you running?  Evoxdash and UnleashX both that a Settings page that shows you the kernel version installed if it's not displayed on the skin you are using.

So what i have is this

20190522_201625.jpg

20190522_201656.jpg

I believed the X2 4979.06 supports hard drives up to 137GB's in size.  It may allow for drives larger than that but best to update the BIOS to one of the later releases with the newest patches installed.

You need to use one of the latest releases of the X2 BIOSes either 4981.67 or 4983.67 or iND-BiOSes 5003 or Beta 5004.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ging3rguy said:

Have you flashed the bios since it last worked?

Nope i did nothing. If i press once the pwbutton it goes normal ms dash. If i press loger as usual it doesnt go to the hardmod xecuter bios and evox dash anymore, it does go on even. Already changed the buttos assembly and it does the same.....

1 minute ago, KaosEngineer said:

Clock cap leaked electrolyte has probably damaged traces on the bottom side of the motherboard.

spacer.png

IIRC, the outer trace (bottom of picture) is the power button signal. Next, is the eject button, then red and green LED on/off control.

When i got this xbox it already was without the clock capacitor and had the chip instaled. Its my first hardmoded so noob here. Have 3 more setups 2 softmoded and one dead for parts

Many forget to clean the bottom side of the motherboard when they remove the clock cap. The leaked electrolyte didn't just stay on the top but continued on till its travel was inhibited. The shielding below the motherboard or I've seen Xboxes with leaked electrolyte on the bottom plastic shell of the case.   It didn't just keep itself to the top of the motherboard.  

Is the BT wire still connect to the front panel power button signal.  Without it, the long press of the power button won't do anything. There's no signal to the modchip to tell it to enable. (Pin2 on the back side of the front panel PCB through the slot in the RF shield behind the 1x9 connector.)

spacer.png

Source: http://modzone.dk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=252

I think you have a  chip problem rather than a trace problem as you have said that it boots up to M$ dash fine. Does it also turn off okay?

check you have not dislodge any of the wires coming off of the the chip to the motherboard. If you have a multi meter check for continuity of the connections.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is the BT wire still connect to the front panel power button signal.  Without it, the long press of the power button won't do anything. There's no signal to the modchip to tell it to enable. (Pin2 on the back side of the front panel PCB through the slot in the RF shield behind the 1x9 connector.)

spacer.png

Source: http://modzone.dk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=252

I dont have any wire conected from the mod chip to the bt 1x9 conector. All wiring goes to the MB but i cleaned the bottom side of themb and now works just fine. So my problem is: can i put a bios that recognize a new hdd and formats it? With out having an hexen disk. Mine is a 2017 and i think its not complete. The 2018 i got from here its not reading.....

Any HeXEn disk will work. Some have older versions of software. It boots into UnleashX.

The BIOS doesn’t format the hard drive that’s done by the dashboard or other software like XboxHDM on a PC.

Thus, the need to use an installer disk. 

P.S. Where does the wire soldered to the BT pad on the modchip go?