OGXbox.com

Change Fan Speed

sayon

Edit the BIOS settings with EVTool v1.0.9, save the updated BIOS dot bin file and reflash.

What dashboard are you using?

Some like XBMC change the setting such that it will remain in use after starting a different app (game).  While with UnleashX once UnleashX exits and the new app (game) starts, the BIOS's setting will be used. Or, vice versa.

Hi, thanks for the quick response, like dash usage
DRAGON Media Launcher.
My problem stems from the fact that when the dash is running the fan goes at a speed like I set in its guisetting.xml file, but as I launch an xbox game or an emulator the speed goes down. I would like to make sure that the xbox regardless of which app is running always runs at a constant speed to avoid overheating.

what you see in the picture is my uploaded bios. The fan is set by default to 20%, according to you how much can you set it? I just have to change that value and that's it right? I change the percentage and click on Save as. After reflasho the bios again

questi sono i file di backup creati con EvoX. Come puoi vedere il file bios.bin ha una dimensione di 1 MB, secondo te dopo aver apportato la modifica della percentuale di velocità della ventola e gli ho detto di salvare, quale taglia dovrei scegliere?

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_7.png

Edited by sayon
correzzione

Yes. The Aladdin modchip has a 256KB flash memory chip.  The BIOS size will be 256KB.  The higher you set the fan speed the louder it will be.

You could use the iND-BiOS Feb-11-05 Beta (aka 5004) .67 version.  Changing the fan speed is a matter of editing a text file on the hard drive and rebooting.

Modify this line in the ind-bios.cfg file on the Xbox's hard drive:

FANSPEED=10 ;Fan Speed 10-50 = 20-100%  Default=10

When flashing the ind-bios to the modchip, first upload the ind-bios.cfg file to the root of the C drive before flashing the modchip.

so if the bios.bin backup size is also 1 MB, after I make the change I save it with a size of 256K right?
last thing ... regardless of whether I reload the bios M8 or the iND-BiOS Feb-11-05 Beta (aka 5004) .67 version nothing happens to the current configuration of the boot and recognition of my games and emulators?

The backup created by Evox dash is 1MB as the original Xbox's flash device is 1MB.  The same BIOS.bin file is repeated 4x in a row.  You can only flash a 256KB bios to your Aladdin modchip.

Yes a new BIOS does nothing to the configuration of the replacement dashboard or...

Hmm, what size is your Xbox's hard drive?  What size were the extended partitions?  Did it even have extended partitions? (F and/or G drives)  Does the hard drive have a partition table written to it?