Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys has anyone ever thought of making a new xbox psu like one that has more power and is about the same size but has a few extra molex connectors and such if not that would be a great project to see come out on the og xbox.

3 hours ago, Xbmcmodsforxbox said:

yea i wanna add like leds and some other cool features but will need a better psu to do so

Not really. The stock Xbox PSU pushes more power than the system really needs and offers plenty of places to steal power directly from the board. You can use the LPC port, dvd drive connectors, fan headers, or just directly bridge stuff from the PSU. Even the controller ports, really.

If for some reason that’s not actually enough you can basically just jam a couple resistors onto an ATX PSU and roll with it. But I hesitate to say you’d get much from this other than maybe some overclocking headroom that the Xbox board won’t Properly support with its VRMs anyway. 

yea i want more power cause i will be getting a x3cp soon and the 128mb ram upgrade and the 1.4ghz cpu and a few extra projects will be added into it so it will probably take too much power with all that im trying to use

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By apple826
      i am trying to figure out how do i change the models and stages in soulcalibur 2 xbox if anyone knows how to do it please help me

Example: Please login or register to see this link.

• By Xenthus
      Hello, found my original xbox 1.4 from back in highschool brought me back to the days when we had parties opening them up and modding them. Did some upgrades then I bought 3 more. Well I need the hexen disk and the site says I need to make 5 posts before I can download it to use on the xboxs unjust took apart and refurb.

• By shaokhann
      Good morning, guys. Would it be possible to have an xbox with 2 hdd by eliminating the dvd player? For example: Eject button dvd= hdd1 Power key = hdd2. Are there any tutorials or guides to make this change? Thank you all.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.