OGXbox.com

Extend E Partition Size

Uraeus

I'm trying to install all the DLC available in my E Partition but they don't fit. Is it possible to make the E partition larger? It is ok if it involves losing data or reformatting the hard drive. I have an Xbox 1.1 TSOP with iND BiOS and 2Tb HDD. How can I make partition E to be 10-12Gb?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Uraeus said:

I'm trying to install all the DLC available in my E Partition but they don't fit. Is it possible to make the E partition larger? It is ok if it involves losing data or reformatting the hard drive. I have an Xbox 1.1 TSOP with iND BiOS and 2Tb HDD. How can I make partition E to be 10-12Gb?

I have done something similar before. I made the C drive smaller,because i only used half of its space,i also made larger XYZ drives to have less formats on them every time they fill,but i run into problems when i did that. The xbox wouldnt load the dash in every boot,it would sometimes refuse to launch some games.it would sometimes loose files in the modified drives and other problems i dont remeber(did this 10+ years ago). You can definately do it with xbpartitioner and i would encourage you doing this since youdont have anything to loose,because you said its ok to format the drive

1 hour ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

I have done something similar before. I made the C drive smaller,because i only used half of its space,i also made larger XYZ drives to have less formats on them every time they fill,but i run into problems when i did that. The xbox wouldnt load the dash in every boot,it would sometimes refuse to launch some games.it would sometimes loose files in the modified drives and other problems i dont remeber(did this 10+ years ago). You can definately do it with xbpartitioner and i would encourage you doing this since youdont have anything to loose,because you said its ok to format the drive

The thing is that I can't make it bigger using xbpartitioner 1.3. It allows me to make it smaller, but not bigger than the standard size. That's why I was asking how to do it, because it doesn't allow me by default...

6 minutes ago, Uraeus said:

The thing is that I can't make it bigger using xbpartitioner 1.3. It allows me to make it smaller, but not bigger than the standard size. That's why I was asking how to do it, because it doesn't allow me by default...

You can do it,just try all buttons,i cant remember wich does the trick

4 minutes ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Just play with the triggers. First try to take some space from a drive,then try to add it to the E drive.Here i made my E drive be 60GB!!!

IMG_20190517_224017.jpg

I have already tried doing that but it doesn't allow me to make bigger any of the partitions 1-5 using the triggers. I can only set the partition size between 0 and the default value for partitions 1-5 (even after having reduced the size of the partitions 6 and 7 and therefore having free space indicated at the bottom of the screen). I did a fresh install of the 2Tb Hard drive using Hexen 2018 disk. Very strange...

Just now, Uraeus said:

I have already tried doing that but it doesn't allow me to make bigger any of the partitions 1-5 using the triggers. I can only set the partition size between 0 and the default value for partitions 1-5 (even after having reduced the size of the partitions 6 and 7 and therefore having free space indicated at the bottom of the screen). I did a fresh install of the 2Tb Hard drive using Hexen 2018 disk. Very strange...

It happens to me too,but sometimes it will add extra space to the drives. Dont know whymbut it works,just not always. Keep trying. Try removing space from C first,then add to E

• 2 weeks later...

You may need to mod your bios so that you can make your e partition larger. You will also then have compatibility issues with the stock M$ dash.

Try disabling your f and g partitions in xbpt and then try to increase your e partition.

Edited by Ging3rguy