C64MidRezzie

Can I Swap a Softmodded Xbox 250gb for Another 250gb Ide Drive?

I have several V1.0’s they work well and as stated above have the added gpu fan which can only help with emulators like Coin Ops demands. 

If the HD is making those kinda noises then its gonna buy the farm soon, so move that data while you can.

You can mod both fans and the 80mm conversion is no more difficult on the V1.0  as any of the versions, and does make a difference provided you do your home work on which fan to buy, they are not all equal by a long way.  Its all about CFU and Db. 

70mm is not worth it unless its a “Rare” case where modding it would be similar to boil washing the Shroud of Turin. 

You can also add the extra ram nicely on the  V1.0 to give it the extra poke that emulation really wants. 

FileZilla or FlashXp for the win, they are the only ones worth using.

Also no need for a mod chip, so if ones fitted just TSOP it with the same bios and save the mod Chip for a 1.6 board where you have no choice.

Edited by big F

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bulkchart32
      the 3 main caps behind the heatsinks, can they cause damage? i recently saw 3 of those caps have around 8,000uf(they're suppose to be 3300uf) and i'm wondering if that can damage a processor? it's making me wonder if i should recap some xbox's just to prevent damage.
    • By nin1
      Hi,
      I just downloaded GTA San Andreas to Xbox and ftped it over to the xbox.
      When playing it the hd makes noise all the time? No problems in the game but it is usual with so much sound?
      I tried Call of Duty on the Xbox and it does not make any noise when playing.
    • By bulkchart32
      any way to hook the hdd up to my pc and put the files on it directly? that'd take a few hours vs. 2 days to ftp.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.