OGXbox.com

Stickers Covering Screws #Don'tlaugh

Dave C.

Ok, so I just got three unmodified Xbox's that work well and are unopened and unmodified.

I bought them from a store that sold them for $40 each which includes a 2 Year Warranty (yes, that is not a typo) and sorry I bought all they had.

I have successfully pulled up a serial number sticker carefully in the past and not and damaged it.  Has anyone every removed/pulled up to just where the screw is on other sticker without damaging it?

This is not life or death to me.  Please don't laugh.

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Dave C. said:

Ok, so I just got three unmodified Xbox's that work well and are unopened and unmodified.

I bought them from a store that sold them for $40 each which includes a 2 Year Warranty (yes, that is not a typo) and sorry I bought all they had.

I have successfully pulled up a serial number sticker carefully in the past and not and damaged it.  Has anyone every removed/pulled up to just where the screw is on other sticker without damaging it?

This is not life or death to me.  Please don't laugh.

Thanks!

We were talking about this in the group the other day. The silver sticker that doesn't have reflective foil will stretch. The ONLY way I've ever seen anyone get it off without stretching is to freeze it. Even then you can tell. The only way to make it completely unable to be detected is with the repro stickers.

I've removed v1.0 Xbox stickers, but later version Xbox's replaced them with a tamper-proof sticker.  Especially the large Silver Title sticker.  It easily separates when pulled on leaving behind a checkerboard pattern.  Not sure if any special care/method in removal would prevent this from occurring.  

Doesn't really matter now as there's no WARRANTY on most Xbox's :)  Amazed they'd still give a warranty as these consoles are old.  There are know damage/failure vectors --  trace corrosion from clock capacitor electrolyte leakage, aging hard drives and DVD drives dying -- making a repair expense on their part inevitable for these 12+ year old consoles.

Edited by KaosEngineer