OGXbox.com

Problem Using Only F On 67 Bios

SakisTheDrifter

Hello everyone. I have a question. Can i use only F partition on a 67 Bios? I am asking this because i am using ind-5004 bios and it was fine as far as i had F and G. Recently i decided to make just 1 F partition. I loaded xbpartitioner 1.1 and create a single 290 GB partition for F(it was 120 F and 170 G before) and after that i started loading stuff in it. The problem is that after the free space went to 32-35 GB(dont remember excactly)no new files would be writen on the F partition. The other partitions would get files normally. If i delete something on the F,then it would accept files again until it reaches the free space limit.... Am i doing anything wrong or is the bios supposed to work only with G too?

55 minutes ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

Hello everyone. I have a question. Can i use only F partition on a 67 Bios?

Always use a BIOS that supports F & G regardless of what you are doing now.  (You might choose to upgrade to a larger HDD in the future.)  Like @Alaziel said, simply use XBpartitioner 1.3 to setup the partition for F with nothing on G.

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Then, it's not v1.3.  Where did you download it from?

85044186_XBPartitionerv1.3PartitionList.jpg.025cb07d73e1f1cf4c36ff5bc2463bde.jpg

Updated versions fix problems in older versions.  V1.3 is the latest available.

I downloaded from here https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1062 but ok ifound the correct version. The problem is that i already filles my hdd with FG drives and dont wanna risk emptying it again in order to make it F only

10 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Did you cycle through the partition setups by pressing the A button?

I first made ALL of the partitions(XYZCEF) 0 bytes,so the app will format all of them,then i did cycle with A button until all space goes to F and then it reformated the HDD but still no luck. I quess its something with the bios? Maybe 5003 is better at this point?

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

What's the main screen of XBpartitioner v1.3 look like?  post a pic showing your Xbox's  HDD settings.

What is the size of the F drive?  What cluster size is being used?

Its excactly like the one you posted. The top partitions are the same and F drive gets 290GB and formats with 32K cluster size

5 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

This is what you wanted though, right?  So, when you set it to that, write the table and then reboot, what is the outcome now?

So after that i start filling the F drive with games emulators etc,but when the free space drops to 30-32GB,no more filles can be copied into that drive. Others drives can be filled to maximum,but this one cant. Tried that on 2 xboxes with same Bios and the same problem occurs,so i assume that its a bios problem

You have to have a partition table on the HDD and the BIOS must have LBA48 patch v3 installed.

The standard configuration for an LBA48 .67 BIOS is partition 6 (F) up to 137GB and partition 7 (G) takes the rest. Without using XBPartitioner v1.3 to write a partition table the the hard drive, a .67 BIOS will only have F of ~120.5GB's and G the remainder no matter how you have the drive setup.  The LBA48 patched, .67, BIOS has fixed values set for the drive/partition starting locations when no partition table present.  If the table is present, the BIOS overrides the fixed .67 configuration values with those values read from the partition table.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:57 AM, TEK Nemesis said:

Can you take a photo of XBpartitioner 1.3 immediately after you launch the app?  Ensure that the focus is moved off the F drive so that we can fully see the what the F partition is indicating.

This is what i see. What i notice is that it says LBA48 patch v16 while in others i see it reads v3. What excactly is this?

IMG_20190509_234619.jpg

Edited by SakisTheDrifter
Remembered something

OK...  Now we can see the problem.  Go back up to that row.  Cycle A button until it reads the same details for that partition.  Press Start button.  Once complete, press White button until it says just Format at the top.  Press Start button.  Press White button until it says just Write Table.  Press Start button.  Then, press Back button to exit.  Reboot.  Go back into XBpartitioner 1.3 and keep doing this until it no longer says ER.

1 hour ago, TEK Nemesis said:

OK...  Now we can see the problem.  Go back up to that row.  Cycle A button until it reads the same details for that partition.  Press Start button.  Once complete, press White button until it says just Format at the top.  Press Start button.  Press White button until it says just Write Table.  Press Start button.  Then, press Back button to exit.  Reboot.  Go back into XBpartitioner 1.3 and keep doing this until it no longer says ER.

What does ER stands for?