OGXbox.com

Best Chip Available for a 1.1-1.2 Xbox

sandog

16 hours ago, sandog said:

Would I gain anything buy getting a better mod chip?

Having a better modchip may add a few bells and whistle that are cool in the beginning but don't really change anything in the end.  I've got a particular modchip in an Xbox simply because I needed it for an LCD panel.  It looks neat but the chip didn't do a single thing different other than permit the use of an LCD, which is something that doesn't really do anything but look different/unique.  If you have a plain looking Xbox then just TSOP it or install an Aladdin XT Plus2.  Once you've got your Xbox prepared, you will certainly shift focus to what you want installed on it and how cool the dashboard will look (and run).  LOL.

It really depends on whether or not you will use any of the custom bios options.  All of them will play games just fine and work.  Most people will just flash the TSOP on any board 1.0-1.4 unless they are using LCD support as the poster above me just mentioned.  I usually run with X2 bios for all of my 1.0 and 1.1 boards, and IND 5004 for 1.2-1.4.  I do avoid using 1.6 for builds, but Aladdin mod chip or soft-mod are fine options. On a 1.0/1.1 you have a 1mb tsop  on board so you can even split that with a switch if you would like and run more than 1 bios off the same box, no modchip required.  The "best" chip if that most people would agree on are X3, SmartX, followed by Xenium in that order for custom options. 

• Like 1

If you have 1.0/1.1 board why don't you TSOP flashing that?

You have to soldering two points on the board (one on the bottom and one on the top of the board), sofmodding the xbox and than use any of installer disc which has TSOP flash files (1MB NEEDED!!!) and flashing the board. Than reinstall the whole system with the dashboard what you like. Anytime :)

And I think, the Aladdin not of the "best" chip on the world, but that is enough for anyone. Easy to install, works like a charm. If you do not want to use LCD panel on Xbox, that would be great for you.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:04 AM, sidocious said:

You have to soldering two points on the board (one on the bottom and one on the top of the board), sofmodding the xbox and than use any of installer disc which has TSOP flash files (1MB NEEDED!!!) and flashing the board. Than reinstall the whole system with the dashboard what you like. Anytime :)

And I think, the Aladdin not of the "best" chip on the world, but that is enough for anyone. Easy to install, works like a charm. If you do not want to use LCD panel on Xbox, that would be great for you.

I thought I had a bad hdd when I got the chip so I might as well use it

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 6:04 AM, sidocious said:

So I have the chip installed and its good to go. I have the Hexxen 2018 disc. I'm installing a new 2tb hdd so I need to reflash the mod chip with the disc correct?