OGXbox.com

23 hours ago, Electric Tuner said:

Hi friends, I have a problem... 

It seems that there is a new version of the Wii 2 HDMI, I have already bought three and always received the new one. 

Does anyone know if the pinout is identical?

The chip is a FS9299.

Thanks!

It should be.

Why is it not working?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, SylverReZ said:

Well written guide there. I was looking for a low-cost Xbox HDMI solution until stumbling across this a few years back, I'm gonna see if I can pick up one of those for cheap and modify them. Maybe for a future project. :)

This is a good HDMI solution, if you're dealing with an analog to digital solution. b=But if you need something cheaper, the Pound adapter works fine. I used it before I changed to CRTs and I LOVED it.

21 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

This is a good HDMI solution, if you're dealing with an analog to digital solution. b=But if you need something cheaper, the Pound adapter works fine. I used it before I changed to CRTs and I LOVED it.

What adapter do you recommend by far?

16 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I have only used the pound, so my personal experience is limited... however, I'm sure that youtube video will have plenty of somebody else's opinions. 😛

Yup, its all about preference and opinions. I'll probably look around to find a good alternative, maybe Hyperkin but who knows.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Brutez said:

Hey, did you manage to run gentoox and xmugen with these HDMI mods? I always get a black screen after the gentoox loader menu.

Tried different builds and 720p linux configs. I know linux is picky with HD resolutions and component cable.

Good question. XBlastOS is the only thing like that that seems to run in 720p... albiet stretched, but it works with HDMI output.

12 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Good question. XBlastOS is the only thing like that that seems to run in 720p... albiet stretched, but it works with HDMI output.

yep the loader is working fine in 720p (like shallax Gentoox). Everything the loader trys to load ends in a black screen

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 7:53 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

I mean is it really that hard to add that functionality? It would save people a lot of trouble. Lol.

Could anyone figure out why HDMI adapters fail to display the Linux loaders here? I mean the pinout from Xbox to HDMI is the same as and componant cable, isnt it? So in theory it should work If it works with componant.

Or is it the video Chip on the wii2hdmi and other HDMI solutions work?

1 minute ago, Brutez said:

Could anyone figure out why HDMI adapters fail to display the Linux loaders here? I mean the pinout from Xbox to HDMI is the same as and componant cable, isnt it? So in theory it should work If it works with componant.

Or is it the video Chip on the wii2hdmi and other HDMI solutions work?

... In what instance have linux (cromwell) loaders ever worked with anything other than composite output? Never in my experience. Only XBlast developers have taken the time to fix this retarded issue.

So, I don't know what experiences you have with linux loaders, but mine are: Composite is the only thing that works, the exception being XBlast. I'm sure RF works too. Not sure about S-Video.

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

... In what instance have linux (cromwell) loaders ever worked with anything other than composite output? Never in my experience. Only XBlast developers have taken the time to fix this retarded issue.

So, I don't know what experiences you have with linux loaders, but mine are: Composite is the only thing that works, the exception being XBlast. I'm sure RF works too. Not sure about S-Video.

The loaders it self (Gentoox, Resctoox, XBlast) all wörk fine on any output. The problem is you can't launch any linux like Xebian for example. On the other hand why would you want to launch any super duper outdatet linux on the xbox now days?  

12 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The loaders it self (Gentoox, Resctoox, XBlast) all wörk fine on any output. The problem is you can't launch any linux like Xebian for example. On the other hand why would you want to launch any super duper outdatet linux on the xbox now days?  

Well, Xmugen is the only real reason. Xmugen was a thing for me in the past. Kinda big homebrew part im missing on my HDMI Setup.

S-Video works. I can verify that.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

XMugen. The other day someone on asked me about that on kleinanzeigen.de. ^^ 

Get a RaspPi4 for Mugen or find someone with enough Linux & XBox skills to fix the problem. 

Well i have my Xbox in an arcade cab and dont want to exchange it with a pi. Would break my heart. Plus the pi is too expansiv. I can get 2-3 Xboxs for that. Not the once your selling of course :)

i doubt that there is someone whos willing to update the xMugen linux hook for 720p HDMI Output.