OGXbox.com

That a different board from the one I use but the metal tab that holds the HDMI port is a good ground  and the spot with the arrow at the other end should also be ground

IMG_20200816_082334.thumb.jpg.3f216439f878e9d6377b5f9e3b355d3e.jpg.9781202f93679c0ced9a07f04d9247c9.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

That a different board from the one I use but the metal tab that holds the HDMI port is a good ground  and the spot with the arrow at the other end should also be ground

IMG_20200816_082334.thumb.jpg.3f216439f878e9d6377b5f9e3b355d3e.jpg.9781202f93679c0ced9a07f04d9247c9.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks Dave, I was assuming the pinholes would have a ground and considered the HDMI port as well so thanks for confirming!

I got 3 of these a, image is unplayable dark in halo ce, halo 2 and blue tint. Gta 3 works great and good colors, but i can also adjust brightness in Gta 3.

I soldered two of these board about two times each to try if theres something wrong with solder, but same result.

Are these just peace of shit or is the problem 1.6b xbox ? Can i do something abouth brightness?

image.png.5ec290805f72c00384aaf03929b42681.pngimage.thumb.png.86d60eff3958f9b830fdd2e02a2c6661.png

I would say it's the wii2hdmi that's the problem.

This is the one I use as a internal fitment in place of the stock AV port and it has a MS9288A chip not the FS9299

wii2hdmi.jpg 

I did a post a day or too ago with the 4 types I use.

Cheers

SS Dave

Pin 9 to ground gives you  composite output

Pin 9 and 11 to ground give you S Video and composite 

Pin 11 and 13 to ground will give you Comonent 

And Pin 9,11,13 to ground is VGA output

The Digital audio is present in all video modes the same as analog audio,

The wii2hdmi does not have or support digital audio input even thought the spec sheet for the main chip on some of the boards lists digital in it has been tested and didn't work and appears that it  would need to be reflashed to use it  

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 2:09 AM, Maxikose said:

I got 3 of these a, image is unplayable dark in halo ce, halo 2 and blue tint. Gta 3 works great and good colors, but i can also adjust brightness in Gta 3.

I soldered two of these board about two times each to try if theres something wrong with solder, but same result.

Are these just peace of shit or is the problem 1.6b xbox ? Can i do something abouth brightness?

image.png.5ec290805f72c00384aaf03929b42681.pngimage.thumb.png.86d60eff3958f9b830fdd2e02a2c6661.png

try changing hdmi reference levels in tv settings.

• 2 months later...

Just bought a wii2hdmi and it's a fs9299.  The board layout is exactly the same as Maxikose's photo above.  As expected, that piece of shit results in unplayable dark picture.  Does anyone know where I can get one with MS9288A?  Or is there anyway to tell from the case?  Thanks!

Here is the photo of the one I got.

images.jpeg

4 hours ago, phantom8 said:

Just bought a wii2hdmi and it's a fs9299.  The board layout is exactly the same as Maxikose's photo above.  As expected, that piece of shit results in unplayable dark picture.  Does anyone know where I can get one with MS9288A?  Or is there anyway to tell from the case?  Thanks!

It's the  luck of the draw most of mine where in a white case but I did get sent one in a black case and it was the same PCB 

I have also read if they have a gold HDMI port that it's a better one.

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can these adapters not do more than 480p? I made one with a board the video chip on it is MS1820. The datasheet for that chip says

Supports 720P, 1080I, 1080P HD input

Supports HD1080I to1080P conversion

So surely it should work at resolutions more than 480p? if i have other res enabled I will only see bios then get a black screen after. Video output is also quite dark compared to component. Audio from the hdmi port is terrible also but sounds great through the headphone jack

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Kannalo

39 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Anyone has tried out the PS2 HDMI 2 XBox adapter? I saw one selling those on ebay.

The PS2 to HDMI units I have here are pure crap.

Even on a PS2 the picture is bad.

Cheers

SS Dave

Hey all! Just begun the work to make an adapter for my modded PAL Xbox. Found out that the original RCA cable to Xbox does not have 24 pins in total (12top+12bottom). Instead it has 11+11. s there a way to use this version of the connection block?

If not, I guess I have to search and order a cheap cable and use that instead? Do you have any suggestions on which cable to order for donor? Thanks? :)

6 hours ago, aki__ said:

Hey all! Just begun the work to make an adapter for my modded PAL Xbox. Found out that the original RCA cable to Xbox does not have 24 pins in total (12top+12bottom).

If not, I guess I have to search and order a cheap cable and use that instead? Do you have any suggestions on which cable to order for donor? Thanks? :)

Search eBay for Xbox component lead, I seen some for $7AUD + post or this place has the plug only brand new, but at the moment his website is been updated https://chimericsystems.com/.

6 hours ago, aki__ said:

Instead it has 11+11. is there a way to use this version of the connection block?

What pins are missing? Maybe post a pic.

Cheers

SS Dave

A quick test with a multi meter here tells me they are the Left and Right audio signal so they must have been there unless it was digital audio only cable(unlikely).

FEDEDAA3-E59D-4C87-B036-C49EF6B24EFF.thumb.jpeg.f88c411273e1e9b7b5dae65dae823315.jpeg.ade7c992a23452457084f2b46a6d383d.jpeg

You could relocate the pins from the Digital audio out and 1 of the audio grounds to the 2 missing pins.

Cheers

SS Dave