OGXbox.com

On 4/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, Frank D'Agostino said:

Here is a link to the YouTube video walking you through step-by-step. I hope this is useful if I helped one person I have succeeded... also for some reason if there is some sort of interference I seen a gentleman put A-10 microfarad capacitor in line with the 5volt rail..

Thank you

hi mate

i made the connector using a wii2hdmi with the ms9288a chip in it and it sortof works.

there is a bit of interferance on the screen . do you know what type of cap i should try on the 5v line? a 5v 10 microfarad one? do you have a link please?

another problem is the picture on my tv seems to go of and on with some games, and it doesnt seem to upscale 

apart from all that and the annoying interferance (especialy on the blue xbmc4games ) startup screen.    it is quite good.

thanks for the schema iv ordered another wii2hdmi adap[ter already for another box

On 4/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, Frank D'Agostino said:

Here is a link to the YouTube video walking you through step-by-step. I hope this is useful if I helped one person I have succeeded... also for some reason if there is some sort of interference I seen a gentleman put A-10 microfarad capacitor in line with the 5volt rail..

Thank you

hi mate

i made the connector using a wii2hdmi with the ms9288a chip in it and it sortof works.

there is a bit of interferance on the screen . do you think its a bad ground or should i try the cap? do you know what type of cap i should try on the 5v line? a 5v 10 microfarad one? do you have a link please?

another problem is the picture on my tv seems to go of and on with some games, and it doesnt seem to upscale 

apart from all that and the annoying interferance (especialy on the blue xbmc4games ) startup screen.    it is quite good mod and thanks very much mate

thanks for the schema iv ordered another wii2hdmi adap[ter already for another box

edit ..sorry for double post

Edited by bobbyd
double posted error

On 4/6/2020 at 3:16 AM, bobbyd said:

hi mate

there is a bit of interferance on the screen . do you think its a bad ground or should i try the cap? do you know what type of cap i should try on the 5v line? a 5v 10 microfarad one? do you have a link please?

apart from all that and the annoying interferance (especialy on the blue xbmc4games ) startup screen.    it is quite good mod and thanks very much mate

edit ..sorry for double post

Hello bobbyd

As far as i know the wii2hdmi will not upscale it only converts the analog red,green,blue video and the left,right audio signals to digital HDMI.

There is several versions of the wii2hdmi adaptors out there and some work better than others. I would double check the ground connections and also check that the Xbox is set to NTSC with 480p,720p, wide screen. I would not set 1080 as it can cause problems with the Xbox not having enough memory to fully support it.

Adding the capacitor to the 5 volt supply can't do any harm and the  fit the cap here. It would be placed across the red 5V and the black GND.

592795317_Wii2hdmicap.png.cf07aaea47b6c24f478afbe6446692fc.png

If you having problems try getting some from a different supplier.

I have fitted several as a internal conversion and not had any problems and I have also use the internal HDMI kit from N64 freak as well

In the end you get what you pay for a device that was not made the Xbox(wii2hdmi) or a device that was made for the Xbox(N64 freaks).

IMG_20200414_084748.thumb.jpg.84174db381409834d90c0ca87c45ffbb.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Hello bobbyd

As far as i know the wii2hdmi will not upscale it only converts the analog red,green,blue video and the left,right audio signals to digital HDMI.

There is several versions of the wii2hdmi adaptors out there and some work better than others. I would double check the ground connections and also check that the Xbox is set to NTSC with 480p,720p, wide screen. I would not set 1080 as it can cause problems with the Xbox not having enough memory to fully support it.

Adding the capacitor to the 5 volt supply can't do any harm and the  fit the cap here. It would be placed across the red 5V and the black GND.

592795317_Wii2hdmicap.png.cf07aaea47b6c24f478afbe6446692fc.png

If you having problems try getting some from a different supplier.

I have fitted several as a internal conversion and not had any problems and I have also use the internal HDMI kit from N64 freak as well

In the end you get what you pay for a device that was not made the Xbox(wii2hdmi) or a device that was made for the Xbox(N64 freaks).

IMG_20200414_084748.thumb.jpg.84174db381409834d90c0ca87c45ffbb.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

thanks mate im gonna buy one of n64 in may   but this is good for now since iv fixed the wires. i might just wire it directly in. just needed to know what volt cap to use really. but cheers mate :)

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Any thing above 5 volt so a 6.3 volt 10uF will be fine.

Cheers

SS Dave

sorry bout this double posting mistakes, il suss it again

Edited by bobbyd
double post

On 4/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, SS_Dave said:

Any thing above 5 volt so a 6.3 volt 10uF will be fine.

Cheers

SS Dave

anything above 5volt?  i have a few 16v 10uF ones i can use but does the higher voltage not put my tv or box at risk?

only got 50v 10uF   would that be ok to try. and my wii2hdmi board deosnt have those 2 metal contacts above the 5v an gnd. can i solder the cap directly from  minus - leg on GND then positive + leg on the red 5v? 

or was thinking about using a seperate 5volt 2 amp phone charger to power the adapter as it should be more stable power supply, does anyone know how i would do that?

iv heard that i connect the red+ wire from my charger to the red 5v (not using the xbox power rail wire)  then tie the grounds together.   how would i do that? would i literally connect the black gnd wire to any grounding point inside my xbox ?  like a grounding screw on mobo or somthing?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

tried a new wii2hdmi board (same type as the first) and now have no interference but no sound through hdmi. the sound works fine through the audio port of the adapter but nothing at all through the tv speakers.   

any ideas anyone?

i used this pinout btw

If you have sound from the audio jack next to the HDMI jack then all the connections are correct as the 3.5mm jack is a pass through from the left/right audio in on the other end of the board.

Check the setting on your TV

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

23 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

If you have sound from the audio jack next to the HDMI jack then all the connections are correct as the 3.5mm jack is a pass through from the left/right audio in on the other end of the board.

Check the setting on your TV

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i thought that so i tried my other adapter (same board but interference on picture) and the sound works fine on that one.

thought i had blown the audio on my tv or somthing with that hdmi, but tried 3 different tvs now. no sound through the hdmi from that adapter at all, but sound through the audio jack.

maybe i have blown a resistor or somthing on the wi2hdmi board that sends the audio through the hdmi wire as opposed to the 3,5 jack?

there wouldnt be a way of jumping the audio L/R and audio gnd from the 3.5m jack directly to the hdmi port on the board would there?

anyway

thanks all for your help. and hope ur all safe

cheers

--bobbyd

Edited by bobbyd
typos

17 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The audio is converted to a digital stream for the HDMI

So it's possible you have a dud wii2hdmi or a blob of solder on the wii2hdmi.

Cheers

SS Dave

pain in the arse this lol. iv spend more money on composite wires and wii2hdmi boards now than if i had of just bought that adapter of n64 freak. but its just nice doing it yourself if you know what i mean.  and thought my board might be a bit dud, nice to have another opinion saying the same (my friends are not into this stuff)

also i wondered if a 25volt 10 UF capacitor is ok voltage to use on the wii2hdmi board to sort the "junky" power supply out or would the cap still be to high a voltage?

thanks a lot

....bobbyd

1 hour ago, bobbyd said:

pain in the arse this lol. iv spend more money on composite wires and wii2hdmi boards now than if i had of just bought that adapter of n64 freak. but its just nice doing it yourself if you know what i mean.  and thought my board might be a bit dud, nice to have another opinion saying the same (my friends are not into this stuff)

also i wondered if a 25volt 10 UF capacitor is ok voltage to use on the wii2hdmi board to sort the "junky" power supply out or would the cap still be to high a voltage?

thanks a lot

....bobbyd

Well you do get what you pay for.

There is at least 3 veranents of the wii2hdmi boards and it looks like only 1 of the 3 work correctly when used in this type of conversion 

The voltage of the capacitor is the maximum voltage allowed for that component so a 25 volt cap working in a circuit thats 5 volt is fine.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 4/25/2020 at 10:41 PM, SS_Dave said:

Well you do get what you pay for.

There is at least 3 veranents of the wii2hdmi boards and it looks like only 1 of the 3 work correctly when used in this type of conversion 

The voltage of the capacitor is the maximum voltage allowed for that component so a 25 volt cap working in a circuit thats 5 volt is fine.

Cheers

SS Dave

thanks mate. your a star.  il let u know how it goes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I tried 2 times with the internal mod:
1) Mobo 1.4 With the same wii2hdmi board as Frank, the console work but from time to time the video go way and on tv there is no signal on HDMI. I've checked the board and there is continuity from PIN 18/19/22 on mobo and tree pin on the wii2hdmi board...

2) other Mobo 1.4, wii2hdmi better model of wii2hdmi with correct chipset, al the pin has continuity but there is non signal on hdmi...what is wrong?Thank for help...

• 3 months later...