OGXbox.com

On 12/2/2019 at 10:07 AM, locutus2000 said:

I just opened my ancient wii2hdmi adapter and mine is equipped with a ms9282 chip. Would I be able to connect digital audio instead of stereo so that the digital signal goes to the hdmi connector?

I do believe that the 9282 is one of the better chips and that it can handle the SPDIF signal...

On 12/3/2019 at 12:54 PM, Frank D'Agostino said:

You can attach digital audio to anything. It comes off a PIN number 3 on the Deport if you're looking at the solder side. You can bypass that board completely

Would you happen to know which HDMI pin would be the one to attach it to? I researched the hdmi layout but see no audio references

4 hours ago, locutus2000 said:

Would you happen to know which HDMI pin would be the one to attach it to? I researched the hdmi layout but see no audio references

it doesnt work like that.  the audio data has to be inserted into the HDMI data stream... Frank was talking about taking the digital audio from the xbox connector and using a TOSLINK or coax connector... these can then be fed to your receiver to get the audio

1 hour ago, Kekule said:

it doesnt work like that.  the audio data has to be inserted into the HDMI data stream... Frank was talking about taking the digital audio from the xbox connector and using a TOSLINK or coax connector... these can then be fed to your receiver to get the audio

That's too bad, I was considering that as well but was hoping for something better. Thanks for the clarification!

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, pir8man said:

I am hoping to get an internal mod from N64 Freak.  If that fails, I am going this route.  Thanx for the post!

You'll be extremely happy with N64 Freak's internal mod.  On the contrary, this wii2hdmi mod costs about $75 US less and it produces some pretty amazing results.  It is inferior to N64 Freak's mod but for the price you can't beat it.  I own both and I'm happy with both. 

21 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

You'll be extremely happy with N64 Freak's internal mod.  On the contrary, this wii2hdmi mod costs about $75 US less and it produces some pretty amazing results.  It is inferior to N64 Freak's mod but for the price you can't beat it.  I own both and I'm happy with both. 

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  That is exactly what I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone share the equivalent schematics for this mod internally?  I desoldered my AV port and the guides out there don't match up with the pins for the connector. I followed a guide that bridged pins 11 and 13 to ground but I have a ton of interference. Think I need more grounding points.  Any help appreciated!!  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Today I received WII2HDMI from eBay and I tried HDMI mod. It works, sort off. A have problem witch screen brightness, it's somehow darker with WII2HDMI and I don't know why. Here is comparsion (left picture is WII2HDMI, and right picture is how it should be):

1.jpg 1-1.jpg

2.jpg 2-2.jpg

3.jpg 3-3.jpg

Does anyone have ideas what could be problem?

On 2/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, antonic901 said:

Hello everyone. Today I received WII2HDMI from eBay and I tried HDMI mod. It works, sort off. A have problem witch screen brightness, it's somehow darker with WII2HDMI and I don't know why. Here is comparsion (left picture is WII2HDMI, and right picture is how it should be):

1.jpg 1-1.jpg

2.jpg 2-2.jpg

3.jpg 3-3.jpg

Okay first off you went and bought this adapter off eBay God only knows what the eBay seller did. How he wired it up..and if he followed schematics exact or not... my advice to you is to contact the eBay seller. Not to come on this form and write down that you're having problems with one that you bought off eBay that has no connection to anybody in this form.. second your TV looks pretty old there. Looks like the picture could be washed out from the beginning I would try a different TV. If that doesn't work contact your eBay seller and tell him you would like an exchange or a refund. Posting it here is going to do nothing because you cannot repair anyting on that unit if you do you may not get your money back from eBay

On 1/21/2020 at 2:41 PM, jaywalk101 said:

Can someone share the equivalent schematics for this mod internally?  I desoldered my AV port and the guides out there don't match up with the pins for the connector. I followed a guide that bridged pins 11 and 13 to ground but I have a ton of interference. Think I need more grounding points.  Any help appreciated!!  Thanks!

In order for that to be done somebody would have to create that. Someone would have to do extensive testing and spend hours to get that schematic for you. I don't know of any floating around for internal wiring

On 1/21/2020 at 7:41 PM, jaywalk101 said:

5 hours ago, Frank D'Agostino said:

In order for that to be done somebody would have to create that. Someone would have to do extensive testing and spend hours to get that schematic for you. I don't know of any floating around for internal wiring

https://dirtypcbs.com/store/designer/details/Felix_B/6350/wii2hdmi-spdif-zip

There you go, internal Wii2HDMI adapter boards.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, Frank D'Agostino said:

Okay first off you went and bought this adapter off eBay God only knows what the eBay seller did. How he wired it up..and if he followed schematics exact or not... my advice to you is to contact the eBay seller. Not to come on this form and write down that you're having problems with one that you bought off eBay that has no connection to anybody in this form.. second your TV looks pretty old there. Looks like the picture could be washed out from the beginning I would try a different TV. If that doesn't work contact your eBay seller and tell him you would like an exchange or a refund. Posting it here is going to do nothing because you cannot repair anyting on that unit if you do you may not get your money back from eBay

Hello, thanks for answer. Well, I tried on four different WII2HDMI adapters and problem persists on all of them. I order two white, and two black. Two pairs are from eBay, and other two are from AliExpress. Maybe all of them are in some way defected, but I don't think so. I also tried on my BenQ 27" FullHD monitor and problem is same so I definitly know that TV isn't problem. Boards inside WII2HDMI are little differnt from board shown in your YT tutorial, but PINOUT is same. Do you maybe have a link from where you bought yours WII2HDMI?

Edited by antonic901

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, antonic901 said:

1.jpg 1-1.jpg

2.jpg 2-2.jpg

3.jpg 3-3.jpg

ypbpr is 16-235, so you have to change your tv's hdmi reference level to low/limited range.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, antonic901 said:

Hello, thanks for answer. Well, I tried on four different WII2HDMI adapters and problem persists on all of them. I order two white, and two black. Two pairs are from eBay, and other two are from AliExpress. Maybe all of them are in some way defected, but I don't think so. I also tried on my BenQ 27" FullHD monitor and problem is same so I definitly know that TV isn't problem. Boards inside WII2HDMI are little differnt from board shown in your YT tutorial, but PINOUT is same. Do you maybe have a link from where you bought yours WII2HDMI?

your monitor may only work in 0-255 rgb range.

16-235 signal to 0-255 monitor, causes gray black levels, in general gray, washed out image.

0-255 signal to 16-235 tv/monitor, causes crushed blacks (missing details), darker image.

not sure if this is the problem for you.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Brewskii2117 said:

I just finished doing one of these, although wiring up the xbox video connector was a major pain for me the end result was well worth it.

In my case this actually looks better then the "Pound" cable I bought.

Good to hear you have it working .

That not hard for it to look better than the pound cable .  My pound cable is in the junk box where it belongs.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 3:24 PM, lostartz said:

Hi So I had a chinese knock off cable thinking i would cut one of them up.  

It was full of glue :(  I tried to clean it off and bent one of the pins.

Beware of knock off cables from china!

1.jpg

2.jpg

original cables are with glue too more like hot glue stuff, some are with glue, some are with tape. Not sure why it is, probably for accidental shorting to connectors shielding. You can unbent the pin, but do it SLOW!, or you can swap it with unused pin. Everything is OK.