OGXbox.com

Can't Delete Folder or Files

Tomos

I have a 500gb sata drive with adaptor and had an issue transferring coinops via flashfxp so I aborted the transfer, deleted what had transferred to the Xbox and noticed that the coinops folder remained along with a couple other files that I can’t delete. I’ve tried deleting them through file explorer on unleash and flashfxp with no avail. I can rename the folder, I even tried to overwrite it but that didn’t work either. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A 500GB drive shouldn't cause any problems.  If you have only an F drive (partition 6), it should be formatted to use 32KB clusters.   Do you have F and G or just F?

Various Cluster allocation sizes:

64KB clusters allow for the partition to be up to 1,024 GiBs (1TB) in size.

32Kb clusters allows for the partition to be up to 512 GiBs in size.

16KB clusters allows for a partition to be up to 256 GiBs.

When checking for proper formatting, make sure that the version of XBPartitioner  is v1.3.

There is no simple change of the cluster size allocation. There is no tool to redo the cluster allocation without destroying the data already present. You have to reformat the partition and as @Ging3rguy says all data on it will be lost. You can format an individual extended partition without affecting the stock Xbox partitions.  If you resize partition 6 and have a partition 7 then it too will have to be reformatted and all data lost on 7 too (Drive G) but such a change doesn't apply to @Tomos.

Back up the F drive first by downloading what you need with FTP to your PC, reformat the extended partition(s), then upload the files to the Xbox again.