OGXbox.com

Cloning-Adding the XBox Game Collection Origins Pack

Bigdddydee

Is there a link to the installation process of the Origins game pack that has been going around which is a 1.7TB HDD image?

all I am seeing is  that you need a program to clone the HDD But no other information beyond that. What do I actually do with it? How would I clone it to my Xbox HDD when I have smaller size partitions, does the program just split it? 

The Origins Game pack  I am referring to is the ArcadePunks HDD image file that many people are using.

thanks!

28 minutes ago, viltru said:

I'm not completely sure how that would work. I just messaged them via facebook for some sort of documentation on how the image is 'cloned'. I will post the response here when and if they respond.

thank you!! I would really appreciate it. I’m amazed that so much work went into creating it and yet, there isn’t much information on the actual cloning process.

28 minutes ago, viltru said:

I'm not completely sure how that would work. I just messaged them via facebook for some sort of documentation on how the image is 'cloned'. I will post the response here when and if they respond.

HDDGuru's HDD Raw Copy Tool should be able to write the image to a NEW EMPTY  hard drive.  However to do so, the hard drive has to be as large or larger than the image file - in this case a 2TB hard drive is needed. The partitions will be the same size as the original drive the image was made from. 

The image is a sector-by-sector copy of the original hard drive it came from and when restored to another hard drive, you will have only the image's data present.  It does not get added to files already present on your HDD.  It will overwrite your entire HDD.  Use a new EMPTY hard drive - I suggest using a WD Blue 2TB SATA drive, Marvell 88SA8052-based IDE-to-SATA adapter and an 80-wire 40-pin 24" long high-speed IDE cable.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:31 PM, KaosEngineer said:

HDDGuru's HDD Raw Copy Tool should be able to write the image to a NEW EMPTY  hard drive.  However to do so, the hard drive has to be as large or larger than the image file - in this case a 2TB hard drive is needed. The partitions will be the same size as the original drive the image was made from. 

The image is a sector-by-sector copy of the original hard drive it came from and when restored to another hard drive, you will have only the image's data present.  It does not get added to files already present on your HDD.  It will overwrite your entire HDD.  Use a new EMPTY hard drive - I suggest using a WD Blue 2TB SATA drive, Marvell 88SA8052-based IDE-to-SATA adapter and an 80-wire 40-pin 24" long high-speed IDE cable.

Kaosengineer - A few questions...

firstly, I am softmodded. Does that play a factor?  My partitions  sizes were limited to 927GB. 

is there any tutorial out there outlining how to prepare  or connect the harddrive to your pc?

i already have the HDD raw copy program, the origins HDD image file  and a 3TB HDD. I just can’t figure out how to partition it. 

I also swapped my idee HDD and back up my eprom, and installed the 3TB HDD I’m planning on using.  Do I need to unlock my HDD before formatting?

I really appreciate your help... I really would like the origins set up, and it’d really

mean a lot to me to accomplish it. Thank you for any help you might be able to send me.

Softmodded consoles require the HDD to be locked using the eeprom.bin's HDDKey to generate the locking password.

I don't think the Xbox Origins Pack image was made from a softmodded console (I do not have the space to download and look at the files in the image to verify this statement.)  You will have to write the image to the new drive with the HDD Raw Copy Tool, run XboxHDM23USB beta 2 or 3 to lock the hard drive after copying your eeprom.bin file to the folder that contains its startup batch file, xboxhd.bat. Once locked, exit XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3, disconnect the HDD from the USB-to-HDD adapter and re-install the hard drive in the Xbox.  Boot the console, I believe it will start MS dashboard as if it is not softmodded. Next, if required, softmod the console.  The Softmodding process only affects the content of the C drive. Other than you adding the two (2) softmod game saves to the E:\UDATA folder to run it.  Everything on E, F and G remain untouched as far as their current content goes.

Image restoration with HDD Raw Copy Tool will overwrite all the data already written to a hard drive.  You only want to restore the disc image to a new HDD or one you are okay losing all files already stored to it.

The image was from a 2TB HDD so your 3TB HDD will have the exact same size partitions as available on a 2TB HDD (F and G 927.78GBs). None of the extra space available on it will be usable. LBA48 allows up to 2.2TBs to be formatted less the stock 8GBs with 64KB cluster allocation for partitions 6 and 7.  The Xbox extended partitions cannot be expanded to gain the additional formatted ~200GB's of space as if you formatted a new 3TB HDD with XBPartitioner v1.3.

For image restoration to a SATA drive, the hard drive can be directly connected to one of your PC's SATA ports.

To lock the HDD after the Origins Pack image is restored, XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3 as supplied in the download archive requires the HDD to be connected to the PC with a USB-to-HDD interface adapter.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:54 AM, Bigdddydee said:

i already have the HDD raw copy program, the origins HDD image file  and a 3TB HDD. I just can’t figure out how to partition it.

You don't have to partition it.  The image is a sector-by-sector copy of the Xbox hard drive it was made from.  Once the image is restored to a new hard drive, install it in an Xbox. The drive is prepped and partitioned ready to use in an Xbox.  

If you are softmodded, the hard drive will have to be locked.  If you have a modchip installed or TSOP reflashed with a hacked BIOS, you do not have to lock the new HDD to use it.

• 1 month later...

I just finished the download, took about 9 days, and about 2 days to clone the image to a new 2tb HDD. I’ve heard some people report issues with the image so we shall see once I get the drive in my Xbox to see how well it works. Pretty straight forward so far. 

On 6/17/2019 at 11:46 AM, Tomos said:

I just finished the download, took about 9 days, and about 2 days to clone the image to a new 2tb HDD. I’ve heard some people report issues with the image so we shall see once I get the drive in my Xbox to see how well it works. Pretty straight forward so far. 

Let us now h you go!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 6:28 AM, Magicaldave said:

What kinda internet are you running where you can just casually pull 1.7Tb in 9 days? Very jelly. With my data cap I could barely do it in 9 months!

Just an 80mbps high speed connection Using a expressvpn. I’m not in a data cap so I was able to continuously run the download 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 9:46 PM, Tomos said:

how did you transfer it i keep trying with that hdd raw copy tool  and it keeps writing it to my backup hdd the same one i downloaded it on the first place it's not transferring to the new one

First, select the Source FILE then click the Continue >>> button.

Next, select the Target device/drive not the FILE and click the Continue >>> button. 

Next, click Start to copy the SOURCE File to the TARGET drive.

Note: Make sure the TARGET drive is the Xbox drive not your computer's OS drive.  All data will be wiped out of the TARGET device - overwritten with the SOURCE file content.

52 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Next, select the Target device/drive not the FILE and click the Continue >>> button. 

Note: Make sure the TARGET drive is the Xbox drive not your computer's OS drive.  All data will be wiped out of the TARGET device - overwritten with the SOURCE file content.

ok i'm trying it one more time wish me luck..  and thanks for the help..

Edited by higgystattoo

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

i'm at 23% and it stopped it's saying Compressed source file is corrupted, aborting

20 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

What file type is the Origins download?

Is it a dot ZIP or RAR? You would need to extract it first.

I would think it's just a dot BIN file, not compressed.

it's a imgc image file i deleted it i'm trying to download it again i tried to transfer it 3 times and every time it got to 23% and stopped and was saying Compressed source file is corrupted, aborting

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to upload the origins file onto my 2tb hdd, everything goes well but when I go to turn on the Xbox I get an error 13.. 

How big is the origins file, mine is only 1.56tb , is that correct or am I missing some more data on the file?

Thank you in advance!

16 hours ago, suwuj12 said:

I've been trying to upload the origins file onto my 2tb hdd, everything goes well but when I go to turn on the Xbox I get an error 13.. 

How big is the origins file, mine is only 1.56tb , is that correct or am I missing some more data on the file?

Thank you in advance!

You cannot just upload the origins file to your xbox. You need to download this software https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/ and then using a fresh BLANK hard drive, use the software to copy the .imgc file to the blank hard drive. If you have a hard modded xbox you can then mount the hard drive in your xbox and boot up. If you have a softmod then you will need to lock the hard drive using xboxhdm23usb and a backup eeprom.bin file from your xbox.

The file you have downloaded is a hdd image file, similar to how an ISO is an image of a cd/dvd.

Edited by nikeymikey