OGXbox.com

Cloning-Adding the XBox Game Collection Origins Pack

Bigdddydee

On 10/16/2019 at 10:29 PM, KaosEngineer said:

The stock MS dashboard must not be included in the C drive of the Origins Pack.  :(

Error 16 is lose of clock data. Connect the original hard drive, boot into the MS dashboard and set the date and time.  Leave the AC power connected (be careful not to touch the power supply as it has high-voltages present on the heat sinks and will shock you if touched) and swap hard drives.

You clock cap may be dead (leaked electrolyte or removed) thus no longer holds a charge to power the clock running for a short time.  There is no CMOS battery to hold the time.  The Xbox's clock pulls too much current for a normal PC clock battery to last more than a few days or week at the most.  Thus the clock cap was used to keep the time for a few hours while you moved the console from one room to another but longer than that you have to set to clock again.  Your console must not be modded. I'm not sure if the Origins drive is softmodded.  If not, your console has to be hard modded (TSOP reflash or modchip installed) for it to work.

So I did the hard drive swap after setting the time. Now I'm getting a Error 7. I'm using a IDE to sata board and I checked all connections and they are good.

*EDIT* I am getting the same error if the hard drive is not connected. So its like its not detecting the new hard drive. Should there be anything else on the new hard drive other than the imgc file that I burned with HDDraw copy?

Edited by fireslayer26

2 hours ago, fireslayer26 said:

So I did the hard drive swap after setting the time. Now I'm getting a Error 7. I'm using a IDE to sata board and I checked all connections and they are good.

*EDIT* I am getting the same error if the hard drive is not connected. So its like its not detecting the new hard drive. Should there be anything else on the new hard drive other than the imgc file that I burned with HDDraw copy?

No once the image is written to the hard drive that should be it.

Error 7 - hard drive timeout.  The Xbox is not able to access the hard drive.  Make sure you have it powered. :)  IDE cable connected to the adapter and it is set to MASTER.  

• 1 month later...

What you Need:
-A TSOP Mod or chip with your Bios image set to have an F and G Drive
-(!IMPORTANT!) Xbox Ready 2TB HDD With Drives F and G set to 927.78 GB using 64k clusters and the drive set to unlocked
-A 80-Wire Ultra ATA 2-Drive Ribbon Cable pre installed in your Xbox
-A way to connect your drive to your computer

1. Start by grabbing the NZB and downloading whats there (1640 RAR file in parts)
TIP: Add extra connections in your usenet client to achive higher speeds until your speeds are hitting the limit
2. When you finish go to part one and right click "Extract Files..." set where you want it and under "Miscellaneous" section check "Keep Broken Files" (this is for WinRAR do the equivilent for your choice of decompresion software)
TIP: Dont worry about the corupt file warnings! just wait for it to finish!
3. When finished, start the torrent (on Arcade Punks same place as the NZB) and tell it to download in the same location as the file you got from extracting the parts we got from the NZB.
4. Your torrent Client should check and complete the file. This will take much longer for the remaining 162GB of data.
5. When it finishes you should have a complete working writable image file.
6. Download and install HDD Raw, Copy Tool make sure, your drive is connected, Select the complete image we just obtained as the source, select the Xbox drive as the Target.
TIP: MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DRIVE AS YOUR TARGET You'll risk computer imparement or data loss... or both.
7. Wait for the drive to write.
8. Put the drive in your Xbox and Test the image.
9. Assuming all went well, Profit.  <This was a copy and past from someone else......... I followed this and it worked. Mine is TSOP flashed with  IND bios. I used the HeXEN disc to prepare the 2TB hard drive in the Xbox. It should recognize as new drive so install as you would any other drive with dashboard. Then go into Xbox partioner and format F and G. If you are having problems getting F and G to have 927 GB 64k clusters each, set to 926 each and format and back out, Then go back in and set to 927 and format, now your dash will see F and G both at 927GB and ready for your new 2TB image. Take out of Xbox go to computer and write the 2TB Origns to your drive. Once complete put back in your Xbox and enjoy.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Can someone please shed some light, I Have just managed to download all 1640 rar files via usenet it took a couple of days however during extraction via WinRar it fails after about 160gb of Extraction saying unexpected end of archive missing 1641, I have tried checking again using Altbinz again but there are only 1640 parts. I have tried to extract using 7zip too and can see the xbox_origins_2tb.Imgc file size 1 722 491 776 362 and packed size 1 547 698 002 160 ..... there are 1640 folders all together labeld 2tborigpunk.part0001  I have selected the check box in WinRars miscellaneous settings to say keep broken files as per stangX's instructions but with same results. If i try to open it with 7zip It shows the IMGC file no probs but in properties sais missing folder 1641 and throws up a crc error.  I'm reading the above posts on here and on arcade punks and there seems to be different amounts of folders compared to the original release so I am a little confused. Any help be greatly appreciated thanks, Jamie.

Edited by StarMan

1 hour ago, StarMan said:

Hi Can someone please shed some light, I Have just managed to download all 1640 rar files via usenet it took a couple of days however during extraction via WinRar it fails after about 160gb of Extraction saying unexpected end of archive missing 1641, I have tried checking again using Altbinz again but there are only 1640 parts. I have tried to extract using 7zip too and can see the xbox_origins_2tb.Imgc file size 1 722 491 776 362 and packed size 1 547 698 002 160 ..... there are 1640 folders all together labeld 2tborigpunk.part0001  I have selected the check box in WinRars miscellaneous settings to say keep broken files as per stangX's instructions but with same results. If i try to open it with 7zip It shows the IMGC file no probs but in properties sais missing folder 1641 and throws up a crc error.  I'm reading the above posts on here and on arcade punks and there seems to be different amounts of folders compared to the original release so I am a little confused. Any help be greatly appreciated thanks, Jamie.

The NZB arcade punks is hosting has one corrupt file.  You can get a valid copy of the bad file from here: https://mega.nz/#!EE1jUI7R!gQH9SO1AorocCZNBQZh0Op5hszIjPmVgEOZQ7R_351c

Hi piri8man Thanks for your reply and Link I saw that others had probs with that file but I did not download it as I had no error saying that file was corrupt, have you had the same problem as me with the missing 1641 file? Does this 0574 somehow fix it? , I am currently trying a complete re download of all the folders and I shall also add the part 0574 I cannot help wonder that what I'm experiencing is something else. as some people are saying that they need to ignore errors and finish off with the torrent download. I am using the latest version of WinRar x64 as per the uploaders recommendations. Thanks, Jamie 

• 2 years later...

Hello, can anyone write how to remove, update emulators to the latest versions, add new roms and how to install games for Sega chihiro including origins fully loaded 2TB !! There is no guide / information anywhere
Ps. There is an option to add source but I have no idea how is it transferred via ftp or pendrive and where exactly c / e / f?

Does anyone have files 0728, 0743, and 1641-1826.  I read someone found a link to them, but couldn't get them to work.   I can't even find the link.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Obviously not asking anyone to post anything against the rules, but any help would be great!

This ended up way longer than I hoped, despite the length this really won't take very long.

Formatting could be better, but I have spent far to long writing this and just want to click post, sorry lol.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Poll300 said:

Hello, can anyone write how to remove, update emulators to the latest versions, add new roms and how to install games for Sega chihiro including origins fully loaded 2TB !! There is no guide / information anywhere
Ps. There is an option to add source but I have no idea how is it transferred via ftp or pendrive and where exactly c / e / f?

I don't use this 2tb build, but I looked through the home.xml (Shared here.) Very weird, the home screen emulators row is a group of shortcuts, it would have been easier to use runxbe like how the coinops and unleashx icons are setup. Lots of text editing and moving files, use ftp to get this done.

If you choose add source it asks you where you what path to add, if you want to add new emulators like that you can put them anywhere you want.

If you want to update and delete your emulators first find where the emulators are stored. I would assume either *E or F or G*:\Emus\ or *E or F or G*:\Emulators. I'm not sure how the emulator folders are named for this build, probably, NES, SNES, GBA, N64, etc.

In that folder, delete the folders for the emulators you do not want. Then look for default.tbn in each emulators folder, this is the icon for that emulator. Make a backup and also copy it to Q:\Skin\*Origins folder*\media. And rename it to something like, N64.png. Do this for each emulator.

Now you can update each emulators folder with a more recent build you find online, to do this copy everything from the more recent build into the folder, except for default.tbn. This build uses unique icons and the downloads for emulators usually have their own icon, you probably do not want to unique icons to be lost so be careful or even better, make a backup. I make a copy of files and add _bak to the end of the name if I am messing around with the skin files, it has saved me from countless accidents...

Adding new emulators

To add a new emulator make a new folder for it, eg, PS1. Then copy the files for the new emulator you downloaded into this folder. Now you need an icon. It should be easy to find a similar styles image on google. (Search something like, "Playstation 1 icon." or "Playstation 1 .png"

Ideally you want a transparent .png, if you can't find one, use paint3D magic select tool to crop the icon. Everything else remains after magic select, it only separated your selection, immediately after you choose done for magic select, copy the separated icon, now press ctrl+A to select everything, then press delete. now choose canvas on the top row and enable transparency on the canvas menu. Now ctrl+V to paste the icon you copied, finally save as and make sure you choose .png.

Make a copy of this .png. name them like this example:

default.tbn

PS1.png    -for PS1, name it something else if its not a PS1 emulator

default.tbn goes in the folder for that emulator and PS1.png goes in Q:\Skin\*Origins folder*\media.

Fixing home screen emulator row

Now finally, we can fix the home screen emulators row. First, open Home.xml and look for this with ctrl+f

</focusedlayout>
                    <content>
                        <item id="1">
                            <label fallback="18. Configure">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.18.Title)]</label>
                            <icon fallback="defaultShortcut.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.18.Icon)]</icon>
                            <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.18.Enabled) + !Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.18.Path)]</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.18.Enabled) | Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">RunScript(special://skin/scripts/SkinShortcuts.py,18)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="2">
                            <label fallback="19. Configure">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.19.Title)]</label>
                            <icon fallback="defaultShortcut.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.19.Icon)]</icon>
                            <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.19.Enabled) + !Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.19.Path)]</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.19.Enabled) | Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">RunScript(special://skin/scripts/SkinShortcuts.py,19)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="3">
                            <label fallback="20. Configure">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.20.Title)]</label>
                            <icon fallback="defaultShortcut.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.20.Icon)]</icon>
                            <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.20.Enabled) + !Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.20.Path)]</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.20.Enabled) | Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">RunScript(special://skin/scripts/SkinShortcuts.py,20)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="4">
                            <label fallback="21. Configure">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.21.Title)]</label>
                            <icon fallback="defaultShortcut.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.21.Icon)]</icon>
                            <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.21.Enabled) + !Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.21.Path)]</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.21.Enabled) | Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">RunScript(special://skin/scripts/SkinShortcuts.py,21)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="5">
                            <label fallback="22. Configure">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.22.Title)]</label>
                            <icon fallback="defaultShortcut.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.22.Icon)]</icon>
                            <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.22.Enabled) + !Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.22.Path)]</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.22.Enabled) | Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">RunScript(special://skin/scripts/SkinShortcuts.py,22)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="6">
                            <label fallback="23. Configure">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.23.Title)]</label>
                            <icon fallback="defaultShortcut.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.23.Icon)]</icon>
                            <onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.23.Enabled) + !Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">$INFO[Skin.String(Skin.Shortcut.23.Path)]</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Skin.Shortcut.23.Enabled) | Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Shortcuts.Configure)">RunScript(special://skin/scripts/SkinShortcuts.py,23)</onclick>
                        </item>
                    </content>

replace it with this.

</focusedlayout>
                    <content>
                        <item id="1">
                            <icon>NES.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\NES\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="2">
                            <icon>SNES.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\SNES\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="3">
                            <icon>Genesis.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\Genesis\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="4">
                            <icon>GBA.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\GBA\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="5">
                            <icon>TurboGrafx.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\TurboGrafx\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="6">
                            <icon>N64.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\N64\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                        <item id="7">
                            <icon>PS1.png</icon>
                            <onclick>RunXBE(F:\\Emus\\PS1\\default.xbe)</onclick>
                        </item>
                    </content>

You will need to edit the icon names and onclick paths for each item. Again I don't use this build so I'm just guessing for the onclick paths and the the .png names.

The skin initially has 6 items in the emulators row, if more are added like in the example the bar will scroll like the left side column. just make sure you increase the item id by 1 for each item you add.

Save home.xml and reboot or reload the skin. All done.

Adding roms should be easy, those emulator folders should all have a folder called comething like "roms" you put more roms in there.

Edited by EmptyDoll
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Poll300 said:

I can't edit my big post from earlier, but I realized because the emulator icons are all shortcuts, the easiest way to do this would be to press left on the home screen to open the right sidebar, enable "Configure Shortcuts" Then press A on the home screen emulator you want to reorder/remove/change/etc. 

Emulators are still likely all stored in either *E or F or G*:\Emus\ or *E or F or G*:\Emulators for this 2TB build. Find that folder and delete any emulators you no longer want. 

To update a specific emulator, open its folder and delete everything except for addon.xml and default.tbn then copy the files from a more recent download to the same folder, choosing not to overwrite addon.xml and default.tbn if it asks.

To add a new Emulator make a new folder put it in the same folder as all the others and put the files for the emulator inside. Emulators will only be found in shortcut customization if they have a "addon.xml" file in their root folder, if you want to add a new emulator as a shortcut look in any emulator folder you already have for "addon.xml" make a copy and change a few obvious names to relate to your new emulator, then put this addon.xml in your new emulators folder and it will appear in the shortcut customization

Edited by EmptyDoll
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 25/7/2019 at 23:10, higgystattoo said:

è un file immagine imgc l'ho eliminato sto provando a scaricarlo di nuovo ho provato a trasferirlo 3 volte e ogni volta è arrivato al 23% e si è fermato e diceva che il file di origine compresso è danneggiato, si interrompe

hello were you able to download the image then?

On 4/25/2019 at 12:23 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Softmodded consoles require the HDD to be locked using the eeprom.bin's HDDKey to generate the locking password.

I don't think the Xbox Origins Pack image was made from a softmodded console (I do not have the space to download and look at the files in the image to verify this statement.)  You will have to write the image to the new drive with the HDD Raw Copy Tool, run XboxHDM23USB beta 2 or 3 to lock the hard drive after copying your eeprom.bin file to the folder that contains its startup batch file, xboxhd.bat. Once locked, exit XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3, disconnect the HDD from the USB-to-HDD adapter and re-install the hard drive in the Xbox.  Boot the console, I believe it will start MS dashboard as if it is not softmodded. Next, if required, softmod the console.  The Softmodding process only affects the content of the C drive. Other than you adding the two (2) softmod game saves to the E:\UDATA folder to run it.  Everything on E, F and G remain untouched as far as their current content goes.

Image restoration with HDD Raw Copy Tool will overwrite all the data already written to a hard drive.  You only want to restore the disc image to a new HDD or one you are okay losing all files already stored to it.

The image was from a 2TB HDD so your 3TB HDD will have the exact same size partitions as available on a 2TB HDD (F and G 927.78GBs). None of the extra space available on it will be usable. LBA48 allows up to 2.2TBs to be formatted less the stock 8GBs with 64KB cluster allocation for partitions 6 and 7.  The Xbox extended partitions cannot be expanded to gain the additional formatted ~200GB's of space as if you formatted a new 3TB HDD with XBPartitioner v1.3.

For image restoration to a SATA drive, the hard drive can be directly connected to one of your PC's SATA ports.

To lock the HDD after the Origins Pack image is restored, XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3 as supplied in the download archive requires the HDD to be connected to the PC with a USB-to-HDD interface adapter.

I think the fix error 16 way is easier.

What i did in the past is used rocky5 chimp.

Currently i don't use or recommend origins but that's another story. 

Do use raw copy to get the drive built as your saying. Once that's done use rocky5 chimp and. Set the origin drive to slave and your softmod to master.  In chimp after you hotswap choose the option repair error 16. Then once done chimp will lock the drive . Change origin to master, take out the old softmod and boot. 

That should be it,  but if you don't get the origins on boot you can use rocky 5 bootloader tool thing or create a shortcut xbe to launch xbmc4xbox on boot.

In my experience in the past that was the easiest way 

Now that fatxplorer beta 3 has drive locking maybe it would be easier to unlock and copy c from old softmod then copy its c to origin c partition and re lock in fatxplorer but I've quit messing with origins before that capability came out. 

Edited by Puritan001