OGXbox.com

Cloning-Adding the XBox Game Collection Origins Pack

Bigdddydee

I did use the HDD Raw Copy Tool, everything went well during the 4-5hr process but when I proceed to mounting it on my tsopd v1.0 box 

I get an error 13 code, I followed all instructions to a T, my only concern is that my downloaded file is incomplete at 1.56tb I thought it was more along the lines of 1.6tb imgc file...

@nikeymikey

You're using a 40 pin / 80 wire cable?

Or

Are you softmodded?  You need to use said tool (xboxhdmusb32 something or other) to lock the drive.  If I were you and you used Rocky's stuff, null the drive.  Save that eeprom off via FTP and hope to god you find an adapter to be able to lock it with  that tool.  At least that's been my experience....

Edited by joeschmoe44

13 hours ago, suwuj12 said:

I did use the HDD Raw Copy Tool, everything went well during the 4-5hr process but when I proceed to mounting it on my tsopd v1.0 box 

I get an error 13 code, I followed all instructions to a T, my only concern is that my downloaded file is incomplete at 1.56tb I thought it was more along the lines of 1.6tb imgc file...

@nikeymikey

The download is complete, i have the same file and its 1.56gb. I believe it is a compressed image which the RAW COPY TOOL will uncompress as it copies it to the new drive.

Error 13 means the console cannot load the dash. Do ou have a sata to usb adapter? If so connect the hdd to you rpc using it and then run xboxhdm23usb and use it to look at the contents of the drive.

The dashboard is an Xbox executable file - xbe extension. 

Most modified BIOSes try first to load the file evoxdash.xbe from the root of the C drive. There are other dashboard files tried if that one is not found  finally, the xboxdash.xbe file is tried if none of the replacement dashboards are found on the hard drive  

The path to these boot order dashboards can be modified  from their default values  

a custom version made of the modified Xbox BIOSes 

There are multiple locations where the modded dash can be..... It really depends what softmod/tsop/modchip you have.

Kaos really explained it in the above post. Im a little drunk right now so lol sorry :)

you can load any dash you want just by naming it evoxdash.xbe and placing it in the root of the c drive

Edited by nikeymikey

Wondering if what I'm experiencing might be linked, not sure.  Have an X3, restored the Image to a new 2Tb HDD.  On X3 Bios It says  F:00.0gb G:  .  Load into the dash which it finds into Origins Image.  In that dash in the sys info that runs along the top it says F : 0.00gb G:Unavailable.  Basically menus don't load, the skin says invalid paths, artwork is loading for the wrong things.  LBA 48 set to F : 127 gets everything else.  Seems like it isn't picking up the partitions correctly.  Threw the same drive in a TSOPed and don't get the exact same (IND_Bios) "readings" but similar activity of things not loading, freezing xbox, etc. so presume it is linked.  The partitions appear to be kind of messed up in XBPartitioner (that loads) and appear to need to be split back to 927/927 but I'm afraid to do anything as I don't want to risk formatting the partitions.  It seems like it is putting 1.7tb on one partitions (the xbpartition looking was done on the X3 box).  Kind of at a loss...

Think I found my answer from Kaos in a different search thread, from the very start:

Post 13:

From X3 BIOS menu select:
Disk Tools -> New Hard Drive Setup -> Use Saved Partition Table = ? ( Disabled or Enabled )
Select the menu item and Press (A) to toggle the setting. Set to Enabled then press (B) a couple times to return to top-level menu. Cold Reboot and check the sizes.

https://assemblergames.com/threads/xbpartionter-1-3-2tb-mod.66136/

Thanks Kaos.

Is there any ways to do this with Ind-Bios.  Since I had the same issue with a TSOP'd Xbox with that could it be because the .cfg is missing?  Maybe a setting in there?  Sorry still have to do some digging on the cfg file and settings, still kind of new to all of this.

I think it is definitely related to the partition table being wrong/different. On a 2tb drive f and g must be equal sizes, I think 900gb each from memory. 

The clone image will be formatted that way while your bios is using/trying to use its own table. 

The solution above works perfectly for an X3 chip as it’s what I did with my 2tb drive. I am not using the Origins image tho....

From memory I’m not sure how to force ind bios, M8 or X2 bios to read a saved partition table. I’m sure it must be possible tho because I’m sure there are people out there with 2tb drives using those bios’s. I will have a google around and see what I can find 😃

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, sc30428 said:

Looking for some help.  I have downloaded the image and I am trying to copy it to a 2tb compatible hdd.  I am using HDDGuru and keep getting the following error as seen in image below:spacer.png:

https://imgur.com/a/mkOokP2

Were you able to figure this one out? I got the exact same error on two different harddrives trying it on two different computers. Beginning to think the download is bad.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:52 AM, nikeymikey said:

I think it is definitely related to the partition table being wrong/different. On a 2tb drive f and g must be equal sizes, I think 900gb each from memory. 

The clone image will be formatted that way while your bios is using/trying to use its own table. 

The solution above works perfectly for an X3 chip as it’s what I did with my 2tb drive. I am not using the Origins image tho....

From memory I’m not sure how to force ind bios, M8 or X2 bios to read a saved partition table. I’m sure it must be possible tho because I’m sure there are people out there with 2tb drives using those bios’s. I will have a google around and see what I can find 😃

Yeah I gave it a good old google search and can't find settings.  Looked in the config app, just in the cfg itself and don't see anything related to partitions like in the x3.  It seems from one of the older change logs the bios should just be able to see saved partitions.  Wish there was a way to force this as I think its not seeing them correctly for some reason.  Not sure what else to do than maybe a)reflash ind-bios or b)flash with a different bios to see if they can recognize the partitions.  If all else fails it looks like in the evtool for Evox it has a setting to check for previous partitions so might have to resort to EvoX, kind of wanted either ind-bios or X2, which I might try as well.

Well not for nothing.  I can't say this was too scientifically done, but who knows maybe it could help someone although not sure I can replicate.  It seems after some research it lead me down the path to try to reflash my bios to the X2 bios.  So I loaded up Hexen 2018.  I just happened to remember something in another thread about adding a folder to the g partition to see if it would show up in that users bios which worked for them.  So from Hexen I went into the file explorer and found I couldn't really do anything, couldn't remember the keys.  But from Hexen I noticed it was recognizing all of the partitions fine.  So I backed out and rebooted my xbox.  I then thought there was a file explorer in the image, couldn't find it and happened to click on XBPartitoner just to check it out and see the partitions were equal 927gb with 64 clusters.  The last time I checked F : had 120gb and G: 1.7tb (was showing unavailable).   I always wondered what if I rewrite the partitions  that way but not format, was too scared of messing things up so really just wrote it off.  Because the partitions in XBPartioner looked different than when I was having issues and good, I rebooted and was able to load everything I was having issues with fine.

So TL:DR - I'm sorted.  Maybe a fluke, doubt it.  Last time I ran that box I had issues and this was the first thing I had done since.  I wonder if just loading the Hexen 2018 disk and going into the file manager tickled something.  Or maybe the Xbox OG gods were just smiling down on me this evening because they might give me hell when I try to install my Xblast chips with LPC rebuild boards in a couple of days.  I'm a novice solderer.  Thanks everyone for your helps and thoughts.  Hope I didn't hijack the thread too bad.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I'm trying to install the 2TB origins hard drive. I d/l the file and used RawHDD copy to copy it to a blank 2TB drive. I have the 80 pin cable and IDE to Sata board. But I'm lost on how to get it working. I installed it and powered it up, but I get and Error 16. What is my next step? Do I have to hard mod or soft mod first? Do I need to do anything else to the hard drive? Add more files, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by fireslayer26

The stock MS dashboard must not be included in the C drive of the Origins Pack.  :(

Error 16 is lose of clock data. Connect the original hard drive, boot into the MS dashboard and set the date and time.  Leave the AC power connected (be careful not to touch the power supply as it has high-voltages present on the heat sinks and will shock you if touched) and swap hard drives.

You clock cap may be dead (leaked electrolyte or removed) thus no longer holds a charge to power the clock running for a short time.  There is no CMOS battery to hold the time.  The Xbox's clock pulls too much current for a normal PC clock battery to last more than a few days or week at the most.  Thus the clock cap was used to keep the time for a few hours while you moved the console from one room to another but longer than that you have to set to clock again.  Your console must not be modded. I'm not sure if the Origins drive is softmodded.  If not, your console has to be hard modded (TSOP reflash or modchip installed) for it to work.