OGXbox.com

Properly Partitioning a 3tb Hdd

Bigdddydee

Hi everyone,

i recently softmodded my 1.4 original Xbox  and added a 3TB HDD, however I am not sure I have all the space I was supposed to get. I understand Xbox should only recognize about 2.3-2.5TB however I am not seeing all of my space showing up. Furthermore, there’s several smaller partitions. 

Can I expand my existing partitions, what is the best way to get the most space out of my current set up? I could redo the whole process if needed. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks !

694A8FDA-8762-4772-A4D1-548234246675.jpeg

2 hours ago, John7272 said:

From what I remember it will only recognize 2.2TB total. I format my 3TB builds so all of the partitions equal 2.2TB, adding C, E, F and G, I also add 500mb for hidden partitions. so far I have no trouble filling the hard drives with usable content.

Once a partition has been created, are you able to expand them? Or merge empty partitions? I wish there was a clear guide on how to do it.

I have XBpartitioner installed just afraid to mess with important partitions. 

Edited by Bigdddydee

No, once created a partition cannot be expanded or merged with another.  You have to recreate them destroying all data currently present.  So get it right the first time! :)  The extended partitions 6 and 7 can be reformatted without affecting the standard (stock Xbox) partitions present in the first 8GBs of the hard drive.

Formatting the HDD using XBPartitioner v1.3 is required.

The F and G drives will be used to split the additional space into two equal parts of the maximum size that can be accessed.  Partition 6 (F) and 7's (G's) max size are 1TB each using 64KB clusters.

As shown in the first post, you only have a hard drive formatted with LBA48 F only up to 137GB formatted.

How is the console modded?  If a hardmod (modchip) is installed, which BIOS is being used?

How was the hard drive formatted?

What does the main screen of XBPartitioner v1.3 show for the extended partitions 6 and 7?

• Like 1