OGXbox.com

Hard Drive

AsuraFeratu

8 hours ago, AsuraFeratu said:

I have some games that are HDD ready. Can I put them on a USB and copy to my Xbox HDD using file explorer?

Excuse my noob......

FB_IMG_1554400857526.jpg

Short answer, probably not. USB isn’t a good way to do much except run a keyboard or drop in your exploit. 

Do do you know what dash you’re running?

If UnleashX, plug your Xbox into your router. You should see it’s IP address appear on the Unleash X dash. (192.168.0....) 

Download and install an FTP app (I use FileZilla) onto your computer and enter the IP address from your Xbox as the server. Xbox and Xbox are usually the default logins. 

Then you can drag and drop your games from Your desired FtP app to the F:/Games or G:/Games folders on your Xbox. 

Feel free to ask for clarification, and happy gaming!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Magicaldave said:

Short answer, probably not. USB isn’t a good way to do much except run a keyboard or drop in your exploit. 

Do do you know what dash you’re running?

If UnleashX, plug your Xbox into your router. You should see it’s IP address appear on the Unleash X dash. (192.168.0....) 

Download and install an FTP app (I use FileZilla) onto your computer and enter the IP address from your Xbox as the server. Xbox and Xbox are usually the default logins. 

Then you can drag and drop your games from Your desired FtP app to the F:/Games or G:/Games folders on your Xbox. 

Feel free to ask for clarification, and happy gaming!I 

I don't have access to a router. I'm using WiFi and my laptop. I would is DvD R but money is tight at the moment. I heard somewhere you could copy over game files to your Xbox HDD it would just take longer transfer over.

I mean DVD-R is honestly less ideal than USB IMO. These DVD drives fail all over the place these days. 

Do you mean you don’t have *access* to your router? Gotta get wi-fi from somewhere.

Depending on your equipment, in order of preference:

1) you could just wire the Xbox to your laptop and FTP that way without the router in-between. 

2) I’ve never done this myself, but if you have a way to connect your xbox’s Hard drive to your laptop the below mentioned apps could probably skip the USB drive altogether. Again, never tried it. You’d have to either hotswap your HDD or unlock it in Windows/youroshere to make it work. 

3) You *Could* maybe use boXplorer, Xplorer360, or even Datel’s action replay (not sure about that last one) to install your FTP-ready games into, then copy to E/F/G partitions as I mentioned above. 

A couple notes on that. 

First, speed and capacity are abysmal. FatX will only work with a drive of up to 4Gb so you might have to do multiple runs just for a single game. 

Second, there’s sometimes an issue with these flash drives where you may have trouble creating folders or moving stuff directly. You might have encountered this in the initial softmod if you did it yourself. 

If this happens you have to manually create the folders using your desired app and then import the files (one by one, IIRC) into their respective locations. 

It’s honestly the last way I would recommend doing this stuff but HEY! Gotta work with whatcha got. 

Edited by Magicaldave