AsuraFeratu

Original XBox Dashboard

UnleashX works on a hard or softmodded system.  Doesn't matter the version of the MS dashboard.  Most update to the latest version though - D:1.00.5960.01.

I think 5659.03 is the next to last version of the MS dashboard.

• Thanks 1

If you want to easily drop in a larger HDD  without having to swap and be carefulll of your files then a Hard mod is recommend.

The Aladdin chips are cheap and work well.    I like the IND bios because the Boot flubber can be modified making that the xbox just another level of custom :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

UnleashX is installed in addition to or instead of the MS Dashboard on a modded Xbox console.  It is executed on bootup instead of the stock MS Dashboard.

So your saying in addition to Unleash X I can add other dashboards?

Excuse my noob.....

Yes, there are many different replacement dashboards.  One of them configured to run when the modded console boots.  Others can be started as applications from it.

UnleashX
AvaLaunch
XBMC4Xbox
Evoxdash
XBMC-Emustation
XBMC4Gamers
to name the most popular but there are more.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, there are many different replacement dashboards.  One of them configured to run when the modded console boots.  Others can be started as applications from it.

UnleashX
AvaLaunch
XBMC4Xbox
Evoxdash
XBMC-Emustation
XBMC4Gamers
to name the most popular but there are more.

Aww sweet thanks dude. I'm really excited of what Xbox modding offers. Up until now I've been modding PlayStation consoles.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By SlimBoy
      I have a version 1.4 xbox that was TSOP modded with X2 4983.67 bios and 750gb IDE hard drive. I have flashed IND-5004.67 bios to it and now it does not see the G partition. I have tried to re-partition the drive to no avail, it will not see the G partition. If I boot the HEXEN 2018 disk it sees the G partition or if I re-flash the X2 bios it will also see the G partition. I am at a loss to what the problem I have is? Has anyone had this problem before. Thanks.
    • By Bigdddydee
      Is there a link to the installation process of the Origins game pack that has been going around which is a 1.7TB HDD image?
      all I am seeing is  that you need a program to clone the HDD But no other information beyond that. What do I actually do with it? How would I clone it to my Xbox HDD when I have smaller size partitions, does the program just split it? 
      The Origins Game pack  I am referring to is the ArcadePunks HDD image file that many people are using.
      thanks!
    • By jlb
      Hi all,
      I just bought an OG Xbox v1.1 with Xbit modchip (Evox 3.6 bios is loaded). I still have to open it up for cleaning and checking if the clock capacitor is still in place.
      Up until now, I had only softmodded my other Xbox.
      So, what should I do to this one? Can I update the modchip's bios with Hexen Tools, or should I use the old updater tool for Xbit?
      I guess I could still update the dashboard using Hexen tools, right?
      I'd really appreciate your help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.