OGXbox.com

Help With Bios Flash

Gray1

Well if someone has asked this question, I can't find it.  I have a V1.2, non-chipped XBOX. Was wondering if the EVOX M8+ bios found on Hexen 2018 disc will work for  a 2 Terabyte drive? Anybody else got any more suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by Gray1

I think all the latest BIOSes (not sure exactly at which point they'd be called latest other than the last releases) which support reading a partition table from the HDD to override the BIOS's default LBA48 configurations will work.

X2 4983 (Size: 256KB) Only v1.0-1.5 supported

X2 4981 (Size: 256KB) Only v1.0-1.5 supported

X2 5035 (Size: 512KB so 1.0 or 1.1 to TSOP flash or modchip required with 512KB bank size for other supported Xbox versions)
   - x2_5035_vOld_512k.bin (v1.0-1.5 Xboxes)
   - x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin (v1.6) A modchip is required no TSOP on 1.6's.

EvoX M8plus.bin (for v1.0-1.5) or M8plus_16.bin (for v1.6/1.6b) (Size: 256KB)

iND-BiOS 5003 (Size 256KB only for v1.0-1.5, not v1.6)

iND-BiOS Feb-11-05 Beta (aka 5004) (Size: 256KB only for v1.0-1.5, not v1.6)

I didn't list them in any particular order however looking back at it first would be last and last would be first I'd use for TSOP - note X2 5035 only for v1.0 or 1.1 TSOP too big for later releases v1.0-1.5 and v1.6 requires a modchip with a 512KB bank as there is no TSOP to reflash.

OK. Cool.. I will go with the iND-BIOS 5004 F&G. Might as well give it a whirl. Long as it supports 2 terabytes.  I have ordered that Bare Electric Conductive Paint. Gonna try that too. Used the "Printed Circuit Pen" but it didn't work to well for me. Sometimes it worked most of the time it didn't and I still found myself soldering.  Thanks Guys

9 hours ago, Gray1 said:

OK. Cool.. I will go with the iND-BIOS 5004 F&G. Might as well give it a whirl. Long as it supports 2 terabytes.  I have ordered that Bare Electric Conductive Paint. Gonna try that too. Used the "Printed Circuit Pen" but it didn't work to well for me. Sometimes it worked most of the time it didn't and I still found myself soldering.  Thanks Guys

If you are planing on the TSOP,i believe you will not want to flash it with evox dash since its tsop brand is winbond(i believe)because my 1.2 have this type of chip nad wouldnt flash from evox dash

Check which brand of TSOP is installed on your Xbox's motherboard. 

spacer.png

Some require an additional wire connection - Sharp and/or software app ResctooX (used by HeXEn 2018) or XBlastOS XBE version (v0.56 is the latest release) to flash - Winbond and Sharp.  Flashing of all the different brands of TSOP chips is preconfigured and available by selection of the proper menu item in Forlorn Penguin's HeXEn 2018 release.

Well just an update. I flashed with the IND-BIOS 5004. The flash went well but  I did have a problem with the sound on the Unleash-X desktop. Don't know why but I reinstalled it with the Hexen disk and everything is fine. For the record the Bare Electric Paint worked the first time. Put it on and let it dry for 15 minutes and flashed it. Easiest one I ever done.