Sign in to follow this  
ferjreo989

Its Been a While, Where Do I Start?

my xbox was the first console i bought with my own money. a few days ago it stopped working (cant recall the error) so i took the opportunity to upgrade the hdd. i kept a backup of the eeprom and i used the xboxhdm with the usb to sata cable. 

worked somewhat fine, i got a "funtional" xbox with the dashboard. but i feel like im missing a bunch of things

for example: fable wont run (comes back to dashboard)

coin ops does the same

i no longer have an option to clean the cache neither i have the option to launch the m$ dashboard (i used to)

i have no idea what im suposed to do. 

1.6b xbox, softmod only. im currently loading the hexen2019 in hopes that it has a "select this to INSTALL ALL THE THINGS" and be done with it. 

I believe the latest versions of Xboxhdm install the Rocky5 softmod automatically, so your menus have probably been configured a bit different. 

You don’t really need the MS dash as you can use the extras disc to change video modes, but if you’d like to maybe dual-boot the MS dash, check here:

Please login or register to see this link.

This disc can also be used to clear your cache and can run from HDD. 

If clearing the cache doesn’t fix the games, try a reinstall. 

Hmmm I also have problem with some games not starting / freezing and I'm not sure it has anything to do with what is installed, seems more like complex compatibility problems between BIOS, xbox model, video display of the console and of the game, installed dash an even maybe type and model of modding (in case of tsop / hardmod)

Seems tricky to debug

For instance for me Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is rebooting my console and as you can see here it seems really tricky : Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Voljega

42 minutes ago, Voljega said:

Hmmm I also have problem with some games not starting / freezing and I'm not sure it has anything to do with what is installed, seems more like complex compatibility problems between BIOS, xbox model, video display of the console and of the game, installed dash an even maybe type and model of modding (in case of tsop / hardmod)

Seems tricky to debug

For instance for me Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is rebooting my console and as you can see here it seems really tricky : Please login or register to see this link.

This actually reminded me of the issue that 1.6 consoles have with 480p. 

May prove helpful, at least for fable. 

FWIW, I’m not sure if CoinOPS or Super Monkey Ball for sure have this issue, as I have neither. Can’t reproduce the issue with fable on my 1.6 or 1.1. 

What replacement dashboard does the console boot into?

The clear cache menu item missing is caused by the menu item not present in the dashboard's configuration file.  You can download, text edit, then upload/overwrite the current configuration file to add it.

Update: If UnleashX, go into the File Explorer and delete all the files present on the X, Y and Z drives - game cache drives.