OGXbox.com

Coinops Slow Toload Roms On 2tb Sata

Starteck2002

assuming based on your name you are using a startech ide2sat?

did you install a 80 wire cable?

is the hdd brand new?

which model is it?

what was your previous configuration? what size of drive?

how did you build the new drive? 

which version of coinops?

did you install a 80 wire cable?  80 wire cable installed, it's not the starteck adapter - a cheap one known to work.  Everything else works fine, just Coinops slow loading roms.

is the hdd brand new?  Various used (both new and used), various sizes 500gb and up.  Currently using a Hitachi 2tb HDS5C3020ALA632

which model is it? 1.2 - TSOP flashed evox - also have various other mobo types (TSOP and chipped), same results.

what was your previous configuration? what size of drive? Various, IDE's - last was a 500gb IDE. CoinOps is fine on IDE.

how did you build the new drive? 64k clusters, f+g

which version of coinops? v8 (massive)

I suspect the issue is 100% related to the PATA/SATA adapter... just wanting to know if others have the same issue.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Starteck2002 said:

i think you're right. likely one of the bad adapters. those things are strange. its the weirdest thing when they die over time. i dont get it. 

i have a 2tb drive that shows no bad sectors but takes forever to load. none of the data is corrupt tho. i ftp from that drive to good drive and coinops loads fast. 
cant remember precisely which model it is, but it is hitachi. 

i'd bet the adapter first... 

On 4/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, Starteck2002 said:

I do order them from china - this was just happens to be the one on Amazon.... but that aside, are the more expensive ones (eg. startech etc) exhibiting the same behaviour?

get a startech adapter they are quality, and in my personal opinion nothing else should be used with drives 500gb and up. those cheap adapters are hit and miss,