XEcuter 2 Bios Editing

it's 2.1 which is included with the XDK, it's not a separate available download, I have searched for it but not found it on its own. 

I've made a load of .x models to replace the xbox text, is it ok to upload them here so other people can mod their own bios's? I won't provide the x2 4981 bios, just the tools and premade .x models to mod it.

EDIT: to fix the angled text it was simply a case of unticking ALL tickboxes before exporting from deep exploration  (except "turn to left" and "ascii" as a .x file, literally all the tabs on the export window

Edited by ShinGoutetsu
24 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

2.1's in the MS XDK?  Which XDK version?

I think i'm using 5849, they all probably have it though as it's kind of needed. 

Heres a (very roughly made) little tribute to this site as a thanks for keeping the OG xbox relevant today

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Necro I know but just to correct my above post in case anyone wants to make their own bios mods as I have; 

Deep Exploration 2.1 is in the MS SDK not XDK. I used SDK 5558 (Complex) and installed in a VM running win XP 32.

You may also need to install visual studio 6 sp6

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BL4K3Y
      I'm looking for a replacement sticker for the X3 BIOS bank selection switch or a replacement switch if anyone has one spare in the UK?
      I am also looking for an Xecuter XLCD kit to complete my X3 install (this isn't a huge loss if I can't buy one and I don't mind going down the DIY route for this if nobody has one they want to sell - I've had some great advice from the XBOX-SCENE guys regarding what parts to buy).
      Please let me know if you can help.
      Thanks.
    • By Paulo011
      Hi Everyone, 

I am new to this forum and despite looking, I couldn't find an answer to my question. 
      Basically, I have an Xbox v1.1 with an ST TSOP. Awhile back I TSOP flashed it using HEXEN 2018 and I flashed on the EvoX M8 + F & G Bios. After this I installed a 2TB Sata HDD and Set up the HDD with 1TB assigned to F and 1TB assigned to G. Over time I have filled up most of the F partition and a lot of the G partition.  I want to reflash a customised version of M8 + with no evox logo and my own boot colour scheme but I am worried about some of the options (I am basing the new customised bios on the file "evox.m8plus.fc.137" taken from my HEXEN 2018 iso.)

I think I installed the 256k bios initially (even though i know my TSOP has more room) and I'm thinking of keeping it as 256k. Is this what is recommended?  
      BUT mainly, do you think that keeping the LBA48 support setting as "Partition 6 takes up to 137GB/Partition 7 takes rest" will ruin/alter the partitions of my current installed hard drive as described above? I ask because I have about 1.3TB of data already on the HDD and I don't want the BIOS re-flash to wipe all of that just to get rid of the EvoX logo and change the boot colours.

Thanks in advance people! 
    • By empyreal96
      I'm currently looking into what BIOS images people prefer to use and which ones are more 'universal' than others.. 😁
      Why? I want to make sure I hold the best compatibility for BIOSes built with Easy-Build..
      Currently it uses the 2bl.img and remainder.img from iND BIOS 5001 (Which I use currently)

I need to know what Bios Revision, size of ROM and MCPX version if you know it

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.