Mahbyt

Black Screen When Installing Rocky5's Softmod

Hello guys,

We just bought an old Xbox and when trying to install Rocky5 on it using Splinter Cell, we only get a black screen when loading the save.

The front LED turned to red and nothing. The TV still says it has a 50Hz signal coming.

The saves we used previously modded another Xbox successfully, is there something we're missing? Like a hardware revision limitation or rewriting the saves ?

Thanks in advance bros.

After copying the two save files, the Splinter Cell checkpoint game save (5553000c) and the softmod installer save (21585554), to the HDD, reboot/power cycle the console before running the game and loading the game save that starts the softmod installer.  

Have you had any succes with this? Used the techniques described above on an XBox this morning and it went fine, but running it on another one now, even with the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, I'm still getting just a black screen, red light and nothing else.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:33 AM, Smuey said:

Have you had any succes with this? Used the techniques described above on an XBox this morning and it went fine, but running it on another one now, even with the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, I'm still getting just a black screen, red light and nothing else.

Hey hi, i just softmodded my xbox and had the same black screen issue. The solution for me was:  After rebooting into the dashboard, go under video settings and change mode from 16:9 wide screen to normal.

Hope it might still help someone out there ;)