OGXbox.com

Black Screen When Installing Rocky5's Softmod

Mahbyt

Hello guys,

We just bought an old Xbox and when trying to install Rocky5 on it using Splinter Cell, we only get a black screen when loading the save.

The front LED turned to red and nothing. The TV still says it has a 50Hz signal coming.

The saves we used previously modded another Xbox successfully, is there something we're missing? Like a hardware revision limitation or rewriting the saves ?

Thanks in advance bros.

• 3 months later...

Have you had any succes with this? Used the techniques described above on an XBox this morning and it went fine, but running it on another one now, even with the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, I'm still getting just a black screen, red light and nothing else.

• 4 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:33 AM, Smuey said:

Have you had any succes with this? Used the techniques described above on an XBox this morning and it went fine, but running it on another one now, even with the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, I'm still getting just a black screen, red light and nothing else.

Hey hi, i just softmodded my xbox and had the same black screen issue. The solution for me was:  After rebooting into the dashboard, go under video settings and change mode from 16:9 wide screen to normal.

Hope it might still help someone out there ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:56 AM, Mahbyt said:

Hello guys,

We just bought an old Xbox and when trying to install Rocky5 on it using Splinter Cell, we only get a black screen when loading the save.

The front LED turned to red and nothing. The TV still says it has a 50Hz signal coming.

The saves we used previously modded another Xbox successfully, is there something we're missing? Like a hardware revision limitation or rewriting the saves ?

Thanks in advance bros.

After copying the Xbox Softmodding Tool saves to the hard drive, power cycle the console before running the game and loading the exploit game save.

Otherwise, 99.99% of the time, you'll get a black screen and RED eject ring.

After power cycling and trying again, it will work.   Not exactly sure why it happens.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

After copying the Xbox Softmodding Tool saves to the hard drive, power cycle the console before running the game and loading the exploit game save.

Otherwise, 99.99% of the time, you'll get a black screen and RED eject ring.

After power cycling and trying again, it will work.   Not exactly sure why it happens.

He sorted the problem 9 months ago.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1