OGXbox.com

1.0 Xbox Tsop Problems I Have

gtinas

Hi, so short i tried tsop. Solder points on 1.0 xbox and when i put my hexen 2018 copy it boots but can't flash anything. If i try to install application i just got error code 3 from hexen. If i try to open tsop flash tools it just stuck on loading/copying files. I tried to check with bios checker but it will not boot and xbox boots back to dashboard. So are this is my soldering is bad or what? Added mobo and hexen info (i can add more info latter, sry for not clean photo it's was best i have to see chips) 

IMG_20190407_121051.jpg

IMG_20190407_001815.jpg

• Like 1

With E showing up as 0.00MB free, Hexen can't copy the files it needs to perform the flash operation.

How much music has been ripped to the E drive?  

Use the menu option 8. Xbox Admin -> File Explorer

Browse to the folder E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music.  Press the White button to bring up the file explorer's pop-up menu.  Select Calc. Used Space and press A. After reading the sizes of all the files in the folder, the amount of space used will be printed at the right side of the active tab after the folder name.

Did you install any games to the E drive?

There is not much space available to install many to the stock HDD.

Fix: Free up some space on the E drive.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

With E showing up as 0.00MB free, Hexen can't copy the files it needs to perform the flash operation.

Browse to the folder E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music.  Press the White button to bring up the file explorer's pop-up menu.  Select Calc. Used Space and press A. After reading the sizes of all the files in the folder, the amount of space used will be printed at the right side of the active tab after the folder name.

One game is installed from disc it could be at E drive, i will check it after work. Thanks

12 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

So yes that was the problem space 😀 but now i have one more problem with hard disk unlocking. When i try it just shows me error. So going little steps i guess 

• 3 months later...

hijacking here as it's the same topic although a different problem:

Softmod on v1.0 done and solder points for tsop applied.

starting hexen works fine until i want to flash and Hexen tells me that is can't access the tsop chip to erase and write.

soldered bridges have continuity to adjacent points(see orange lines)

solder_1.thumb.jpg.2e7e06341ba1284f5d1ba1054a407a1a.jpgsolder_2.thumb.jpg.6af5b716e666b69198b919996090fb53.jpg

tsop.thumb.jpg.8e92e37d49c1c84168b1b6fb3da2eac3.jpg

clock cap is removed no traces corroded and in need of fixing .

any ideas or do I need to provide more info ?

One of the bridges must not be making all the proper connections if the TSOP is detected as not being write-enabled.

A V1.0 Xbox has one bridge on the top and one on the bottom of the motherboard, not two on the top.

https://www.biline.ca/xbox_solder.htm

Update: Forget what I said.  I miss read your soldered locations.   You do have one on top and one on the bottom.  Are you sure you didn't break a trace on bottom connection?  

Wait, it's R7D3 to be bridged on the top?

1480176232_V1.0Xbox-TopsideTSOPWrite-enableBridge-R7D3.png.125aadcf322c5b88f04ede9d82ec8fd2.png

Oh, you have that too.  Just a different angle.  The solder doesn't look too good looks more like a dab of non-conductive grease.

18 hours ago, NoobInDistress said:

hijacking here as it's the same topic although a different problem:

Softmod on v1.0 done and solder points for tsop applied.

starting hexen works fine until i want to flash and Hexen tells me that is can't access the tsop chip to erase and write.

soldered bridges have continuity to adjacent points(see orange lines)

solder_1.thumb.jpg.2e7e06341ba1284f5d1ba1054a407a1a.jpgsolder_2.thumb.jpg.6af5b716e666b69198b919996090fb53.jpg

tsop.thumb.jpg.8e92e37d49c1c84168b1b6fb3da2eac3.jpg

clock cap is removed no traces corroded and in need of fixing .

any ideas or do I need to provide more info ?

Clean the flux off the bridged soldered joints and post a couple of new pictures. 

Show a larger area around the bridge connection than previously posted.