OGXbox.com

XBox Cpu Id

ShinGoutetsu

Hi,

I bought an upgraded xbox v1.0 board from Trusty years ago. It has 128mb ram and supposedly a 1ghz CPU yet in xbmc it only shows as 733 mhz.

After searching for pictures of the original xbox CPU mine looks similar. Basically I want to know if this CPU is a standard xbox one or a different replacement one.

Picture of my CPU:

my_xbox_cpu.jpg

Edited by ShinGoutetsu

34 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like Trusty wasn't very trusting of his purchasers and marked out or removed some of the labelings on the CPU. 

Do you have a higher resolution picture to scan the qr-code/barcoding on the die to see what information it contains?  Or, is your CPU still accessible to scan it?

I can't get close enough with my phone to scan the code, tried zooming in.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/20/2019 at 12:54 AM, Spackie21 said:

I would say that the CPU he uses is a Intel Mobile Pentium III 1000 for the 1ghz mods (http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium-III/Intel-Mobile Pentium III 1000 - KC80526GY001256.html)

it uses the same socket, so its 100% this one

I wish I had the mobile style, then the original heat sinks would work. maybe I'll source this and give it a shot.

• 5 months later...

I know this post is old and maybe you guys know this info by now. But if not, I think I know what CPUs are being use for this mod.
(You can also use other speeds as well)

I've been looking into this myself for some time now and I'm 100% sure that the mod is using old slot 1 133MHz bus PIII.
List: (overclocking may be useful to get 1GHz)
866 MHz - SL4BV, SL47N, SL47S, SL43G
933 MHz - SL4BT, SL448, SL47Q
1 GHz - SL4BS, SL48S
1.13 GHz - SL4HH

Once the CPU is remove from its slot 1 card is looks 100% the same as the 1st photo. Looks to be a BGA-495
Not sure if you need a microcode update as the CPU is older, maybe needed for the mobile ones.

Maybe some of the Mobile processors of the Coppermine line can be used as well. However you'll need to lower the bus to 100MHz on the BIOS.
1 GHz: SL54F (BD0) SL5TB (BD0) SL53S (PD0) SL58S (PD0) SL5TF (PD0)
Note: PD0 will need to be removed from its adapter board

Idea: Get a 900MHz 100MHz bus and set the BIOS bus to 120MHz for a 1,080MHz Overclock.
SL59H (BC0) SL54G (BD0) SL59J (PC0) SL5AV (PC0) SL53T (PD0) SL58Q (PD0)
20220211_132437.jpg.b9a3a594d454ef67602b8c2f6e65d146.jpg

Edited by lain32

Sorry for the two post, will not let me edit the old one anymore.

Anyway: This is a 1GHz slot 1 PIII and as you can see it's the same as the 1st photo.
So Trusty never
 marked out or removed some any of labeling on the CPU. Its just how the slot 1 CPUs are done. (if anyway may be thinking that)

It be nice to see more 1GHz or 933MHz mods. I tired doing a iMac G3 to G4 500MHz mod once myself & got it working. Not sure if I can do an Xbox.
Need a nice way to reball the CPU as the G4 I used was done before I got it. So I just needed to set it right.

55dc1ef41f21e_p1130917.jpg.5c1522a56828cbf9a1c74be6771b5598.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 3:10 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

Nice! This cpu is 1ghz and 133mhz fsb? Which model, specifically?

SL4BS, a 1GHz 133MHz Slot 1.

I'm 100% confident you can also get away with using the mobile PIII version as well once you remove it from its a little adapter board but you will have to lower the bus speed to 100MHz.

Pretty much any coppermine processor should work as long as the same package type.

Also, I can almost get 1.1GHz by setting the bus higher.

20220227_034636.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lain32 said:

SL4BS, a 1GHz 133MHz Slot 1.

I'm 100% confident you can also get away with using the mobile PIII version as well once you remove it from its a little adapter board but you will have to lower the bus speed to 100MHz.

Pretty much any coppermine processor should work as long as the same package type.

Also, I can almost get 1.1GHz by setting the bus higher.

20220227_034636.jpg

Kickass. Any noticable memory slowdowns from lowering the fsb to 100?

Personally at the moment I have not made an Xbox that's utilizing a 100 bus 1 GHz processor I plan on trying one next.

From what I've seen online there have been people who underclocked their 1.4 GHz Xboxes by setting the bus to 100 to fix the games running too fast.

I actually got lucky on the Xbox I put this 1 GHz processor on because once I added a copper heatsink to the GPU I was able to overclock it to 300 MHz from 233 MHz. It might be able to go a little bit higher but I know 315 MHz locks up at the very beginning.

• 6 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:08 AM, lain32 said:

Personally at the moment I have not made an Xbox that's utilizing a 100 bus 1 GHz processor I plan on trying one next.

From what I've seen online there have been people who underclocked their 1.4 GHz Xboxes by setting the bus to 100 to fix the games running too fast.

I actually got lucky on the Xbox I put this 1 GHz processor on because once I added a copper heatsink to the GPU I was able to overclock it to 300 MHz from 233 MHz. It might be able to go a little bit higher but I know 315 MHz locks up at the very beginning.

Did you have to modify any voltages or were you able to just solder it in and run it?

Also, if you wanna underclock the 1.4GHZ to 733MHZ, would you have to technically half the FSB speed down to 66.6MHZ or so?... Rougly half?

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2024 at 10:55 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Does anybody know if a T862 is sufficient to pull this off? I really don't want to invest a bunch of money in a huge BGA machine. @Donnie-Burger

Not sure I have a T8280 and you can lift and re-attach xbox og cpus.  I'm saving for a reball setup so I can give this a better shot.  I also acquired 1ghz cpus and some 100fsb 1.4ghz tualatins to tinker with.  The 1GHZ SL53S should be a straight shot, the Tualatins will need interposer.  Gotta figure out how to make them work.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

I have like, 10 interposers waiting to be used. However, I am almost positive I will fail and I would like to get more practice with BGA work before I attempt it. I was thinking that I could practice with some RROD 360s first... or I could try to use an SL4BS 1GHz CPU and just paste it to the board. It would be SOMETHING.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I have like, 10 interposers waiting to be used. However, I am almost positive I will fail and I would like to get more practice with BGA work before I attempt it. I was thinking that I could practice with some RROD 360s first... or I could try to use an SL4BS 1GHz CPU and just paste it to the board. It would be SOMETHING.

RROD 360 or dead xbox og motherboards are ideal for this.  Get your temps/timings/profiles down for sure before attempting.

• Like 1