OGXbox.com

N163lph03n1X's XErc Cme (Case Modders Edition) Installation

Hey guys, I decided to rig up a tutorial for everyone who's looking to try out or install an insane LED controller chip in their Xbox. 

These chips are now for sale for 45USD, please contact me directly for availability and purchase.

XERC CME (Case Modders Edition) was manufactured by Sickmods back in 2005.

This chip has disappeared off the market a long time ago and is very difficult to obtain a real one. With a bunch of research and work and finding contacts this chip was able to be cloned.

Installation Manual PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2v72kovhkxk3am2/xerc_users_manual.pdf/file

If you haven't downloaded the PDF file i can give you a run down on what the chip can do.

1. Power Console On and Off via Xbox remote.
  2. Eject or close DVD tray on the fly with remote.
  3. Audio LED pulsation, LED's pulse to the sound of your Xbox.
  4. Remote configuration, setup and configure the buttons the way you want.
  5. LED chaser Mode, toggle through modes changes the LED chase patterns with remote.
  6. Speed up or Slow down led sequence.
  7. SmartXX OS boot Support
  8. Connects to MS DVD Dongle internally for menu browsing with remote (Perfect for XBMC media)

Installation - (Motherboard to Chip)

There are points on the Xerc CME chip which need to be connected to the bottom of the Xbox motherboard depending on which version you have.

Details of Chip:

• LED +/- (Indicator light for the chip used for configuration of the remote and initiation when plugged in.)
  • +5V (5 Volt Power Source, connect to the 5 volt source on the Xbox mother board, Powers LED's)
  • PWR (Power, connects to the power on the Xbox motherboard)
  • GND (Ground, connects to the grounding  on the Xbox motherboard)
  • PO (PowerON or RF, detects if the console is powered on, connects to the PO on motherboard)
  • DB (Drive Button or Eject Button, the chip is able to eject your DVD drive by Remote, connects to the eject button port on motherboard)
  • PB (Power Button, the chip is able to power your console on or off via remote if connected to the motherboards PB point)
  • IRd (Infrared Signal, connects to the IRd point on IR receiver.)
  • IR- (Infrared grounding, connects to the grounding IR-minus point of the IR Receiver)
  • IR+ (Infrared power, connects to the power IR+ point of the IR Receiver)
  • PB5 (Not Used, mainly for people who want to program in another mode)
  • PB4 (VU Meter for the chip, Connects to the Audio L point on the motherboard)
  • PA7 (Not Used, mainly for people who want to program in another mode)
  • +5V Square (power point for the LED's, connect the power side of your LED's directly to the chip.
  • H1 (Port 1 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's))
  • H2 (Port 2 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's))
  • H3 (Port 3 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's))
  • H4 (Port 4 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's))
  • H5 (Port 5 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's))
  • H6 (Port 6 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's))
  • H7 (Port 7 of the led Chaser mode (Grounding point for LED's)) - if Firmware Supports (P12 & Higher)

f258739ytp7cfoy4g.jpg

Installation - (Chip to LEDs)

you can essentially use your own schematic for LED's but this is a diagram on how they connect in sequence. 

the chip simply shuts off one of the chaser ports and turns on the adjacent port making the LED's chase each other in a pattern,

according to this diagram its for 3mm blue LED's with a total of 34 LED's in the top Lid. H1 port requires a 22 ohm Resistor and  H2-H6 requires a 15 ohm resistor.

Port H7 is not used in this diagram but could be rigged up in parallel.

if you are unsure about what resistance to use per LED here is a link to calculate what ohms you need: https://www.kitronik.co.uk/blog/led-resistor-value-calculator/

In Color:

1s83am1y144scdy4g.jpg

In Power/Ground:

mpcpb5j9eg8x8hy4g.jpg

Installation - (Chip to Microsoft DVD Dongle)

Connecting to the MS Dongle requires a 1N4148 Switching Signal Diode so the chip is able to detect and switch over to menu browsing.

you can buy these on E-bay for dirt cheap.

17h7s196y8bzn294g.jpg

This is the Installation of it in an Xbox: 

Final Result

Edited by N163LPH03N1X
Adding stuff

Is that the X5 Xtender case mod?  Someone else was asking about it on one of the Xbox sites I frequent.  Don't recall which they only had 1 small picture of it. Maybe it was an old post too as I use the Wayback Machine a lot to try and track down old Xbox modding scene info.

x5.jpeg.6f65d1785906879622607eeb8250228c.jpeg

Update: Found the post at xbmc4xbox.org.uk from three years ago - x5 Xtender

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Is that the X5 Xtender case mod?  Someone else was asking about it on one of the Xbox sites I frequent.  Don't recall which they only had 1 small picture of it. Maybe it was an old post too as I use the Wayback Machine a lot to try and track down old Xbox modding scene info.

x5.jpeg.6f65d1785906879622607eeb8250228c.jpeg

Update: Found the post at xbmc4xbox.org.uk from three years ago - x5 Xtender

Lol this is all I ever found about this xtender. I'm the only one I know who has one. Theres no info on it anywhere. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...