OGXbox.com

Just Softmodded XBox Using Rocky5 but Now When I Launch Games I Get a Black Screen

phyuck_Yiu

Hello, I just softmodded my Xbox I just got this week using Rocky5. I followed Mr.Mario11's softmod tutorial and every screen corresponded. I used the softmod tools extras kit and installed the Stock MS Dash 5960. Now when I put in a game disk, the xbox logo runs with sound and then the screen goes black when trying to load game disk(have tried different CDs). I tried to FTP a game to HDD. Xbox logo loads, am able to get rocky5 dash but game does not load(Have tried different games). When loading from HDD, xbox color of disk ejection is orange still. Xbox had not been opened, original HDD. I have tried different A/V cables. It always loads the first dashboard but not the second one.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by phyuck_Yiu
Spelling Error

Firstly, to any mod who may see my accidental post report, sorry, twas a misclick.

As for the topic. What version of xbox do you have? Is it a PAL or NTSC console? Did you change any of the video mode settings after soft modding, and/or did you change the region setting in the EEPROM?

• 1 year later...

Just tried again also and the Xbox won't play pretty much any disc I put in it or any game ripped to the HDD. I launch them and they just crash to the dash. Have cleared the cache, am on a 1.4 Xbox with Rocky5 1.1.7 using UnleashX dash. Not sure what the hell is going on with it.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:36 AM, phyuck_Yiu said:

Hello, I just softmodded my Xbox I just got this week using Rocky5. I followed Mr.Mario11's softmod tutorial and every screen corresponded. I used the softmod tools extras kit and installed the Stock MS Dash 5960. Now when I put in a game disk, the xbox logo runs with sound and then the screen goes black when trying to load game disk(have tried different CDs). I tried to FTP a game to HDD. Xbox logo loads, am able to get rocky5 dash but game does not load(Have tried different games). When loading from HDD, xbox color of disk ejection is orange still. Xbox had not been opened, original HDD. I have tried different A/V cables. It always loads the first dashboard but not the second one.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The stock hard drive is 10 gig at best and most of them are 8 gig so the chance your able to successfully FTP a gamer to the HDD is low.

What do you mean the 1st dash?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

30 minutes ago, husky3g said:

Just tried again also and the Xbox won't play pretty much any disc I put in it or any game ripped to the HDD. I launch them and they just crash to the dash. Have cleared the cache, am on a 1.4 Xbox with Rocky5 1.1.7 using UnleashX dash. Not sure what the hell is going on with it.

so it will not load the game you used to softmod with from a cold boot(The DVD in the drive and the power cycle the Xbox)?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.