OGXbox.com

Hello Forum!

bodyady

Hi guys!

About 10 years ago I've been gifted an used OG Xbox with winch I used play with my current GF. Unfortunately the CD reader died on me and at the time I was too young to know about replacing components or even mod it so I gave it away... :c

For nostalgia, and to surprise my GF, I recently got hold of a 'New' second-hand OG Xbox rev 1.1 with and Aladdin Advance v64 already installed. Today a sata adapter should be delivered and I'm planning to upgrade the drive and update the software a bit. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm not sure if I should try to update the firmware on the Aladdin as this is stated on the upgrade capability "v64: possible problems" or if I should flash the TSOP because the jumpers to flash it are not bridged.

Thank you all for this great forum I really appreciate all the information you provide here!

Edited by bodyady
  • Like 1

Those are a bit old and can be easily updated.

Dashboard

RemoteX is also known as Evoxdash.  The latest release is +3935.  A slight naming change from the previous 1.8.nnnn that dropped 1.8 in front of the nnnn value.

BIOS Update

X2 4981.67, M8plus, iND-BiOS 5003.67 or iND-BiOS Feb-11-05 Beta (aka 5004) are most of the latest BIOSes to use with your modchip.  Evoxdash can be used to flash a new BIOS to the chip.  All of these are on the HeXEn 2018 disc which after extracting and burning the image to DVD-R media can be booted and used to update your modchip's BIOS as well.

Dashboard Update

There are other dashboards considered a better choice as they contain a built-in File Manager - UnleashX 0.39.0222A Build 572 and 0.39.0528A Build 584 are the latest releases. Build 584 has an FTP server bug that adds extraneous date string preceding the root listing drive letters.  Rocky5 has released a hex edit patched version of it to take care of that and a couple other bugs.

A couple of other replacement dashboards include XBMC4Xbox v3.5.3  and XBMC-emustation .