Sign in to follow this  
Viggen66

Ftp With XBmc4gamers

Dear All,

I want to use xbmc4gamers as my main dashboard, problem is that I can't ftp with it, I'm using direct connection with a crossover cable, using same settings as UX, but on Filezilla it always says "ER connection refused" something, enable static IP on xbmc, put default IP adress and geatway, user: xbox pass:xbox, everything the same as UX but always ending with an error, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

What IP address does the Xbox show it is using when running XBMC?  It may be configured to a different address than UnleashX.

All Xbox dashboards configure the Ethernet port's IP address based on their own settings.

Unless you have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled on your Internet access port, you will need to use a static address for both the PC and Xbox Ethernet port's network configurations.

If ICS is enabled on the PC's Internet connection port, the other/Ethernet port will have a DHCP server running for the Xbox to obtain its IP address.

KaosEngineer,

Thanks for the promptly reply I use these settings:

PC
IP = 192.168.1.101
SubNET = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.1.1

Xbox
IP = 192.168.1.100
subnNET= 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.1.1

IP that appears on XBOX

user: xbox
pass: xbox

Those values all look correct.

Are you trying to use FileZilla's Quick Connect boxes to login?  They try to connect to an FTP server securely which the Xbox's FTP server does not support.

Create a Site Manager entry for the connection and make sure the Encryption entry is set to Only use plain FTP (insecure).

1877619346_FileZilla-UseonlyplainFTP(insecure).jpg.924d6b5481c05c062fed7b1f67ccdd8d.jpg

Then set the number of simultaneous connections to 1:1043643675_FileZilla-specificsite-Transfersettings.JPG.c9b82369637c22a8caefb26c669e016a.JPG

On 4/2/2019 at 7:49 PM, Viggen66 said:

KaosEngineer,

Thanks for the promptly reply I use these settings:

PC
IP = 192.168.1.101
SubNET = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.1.1

Xbox
IP = 192.168.1.100
subnNET= 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.1.1

IP that appears on XBOX

user: xbox
pass: xbox

Just my 2bob's worth you say your using a crossover cable. but to me it looks like both machines are looking for the GATEWAY 192.168.1.1

I may be wrong but i would have thought the PC would be IP 192.168.1.101 gateway 192.168.1.100  and Xbox IP 192.168.1.100 gateway 192.168.1.101

SS Dave

Edited by SS_Dave

For a direct connection, no gateway IP address even has to be set.  Devices on the same subnet (IP/Subnet Mask: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0) don't use it.  These devices can communicate with each other directly.  The gateway address is only used to forward packets to a different subnet through a router/gateway (e.g., 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.2.0. These are different subnets.) or if sending data across the Internet.

I always setup my static IP as follows. 

PC
IP = 192.168.0.2
SubNET = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.0.1

Xbox
IP = 192.168.0.3
SubNET = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.0.1

then connect via flashfxp or any other FTP program. I currently use gamers in static ip mode but routed through a router, as my wireless adaptor likes to hang the transfer when in DHCP mode 🙄 (Xbox is connected to a wireless AP that connect wirelessly to my router, PC is wired to the router)

Edited by Rocky5