OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT+4032 & Aladdin XTplus 2.

SpamXDagger

Thank you: @KaosEngineer, @sidocious and @Ging3rguy.  You're combined efforts and assistance pushed me into this current era and I am no longer a TSOP-ing virgin.  One of the reasons why I decided to move forward with flashing the TSOP is because every once in a while, with the Aladdin XT Plus2, my Xbox had no video output.  It was frustrating.  (I never ever had a problem with an X3 chip!  They are so amazing!)

I looked up the process for building an EEPROM reader and I ordered some components.  Well, I couldn't wait for the boat to arrive with those supplies so I moved in a different direction.  I found another old PATA HDD and I used it in the process which led to flashing the TSOP.  (As you know, I had gotten rid of all the old stock HDDs because I wanted to use a modchip with them.)

With the Aladdin modchip installed, I put the Hexen 2019 DVD-R into the drive and rebooted.  Right off the bat, UnleashX started up and I went through the quick process of setting up the HDD.  Once complete, I locked the HDD, installed a softmod (from the menu option), turned off the Xbox and then disconnected the Aladden fully.  Upon reboot, the softmod magically started and the dashboard booted as expected.  (I did that last step just to ensure that everything was fine to this point.)  After disconnecting the motherboard from the case, I soldered a bridge between two pads.  With the Hexen 2019 disc in, I booted and went to the TSOP option to write a 256kb 5004.67 BIOS to the TSOP (as it is a beautiful rev 1.4 board).  Once the Xbox turned off, I booted the Xbox without the disc.  The ind-bios splash screen appeared and then the dashboard loaded.  Success!  (I then unlocked the HDD in ConfigMagic.)  Now, I will move on to all the other motherboards that are not using an X3 modchip and TSOP flash them with this same procedure. 

Thank you again, everyone. 

• Thanks 1

The steps required to flash the TSOP can be reduced to 1 - install a softmod package that flashes the TSOP after bridging the flash enable points on the motherboard.

No need to install modchip, softmod, flash.  Just boot the original game and load the game save to flash the TSOP with the BIOS you have included.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are game exploit packages that run a TSOP BIOS flasher program instead of installing a softmod.  When you boot the game and load the exploit save, it flashes the TSOP, as long as you've bridged the write enable points beforehand.

NMS TSOP Flasher 2.0.rar (there is a 3.0 version but the site that hosted it recently went offline - eurasia.nu :( ) 

Hacky Rehash TSOP Flash Exploit v1.0

or

Highway '007mech Flash Pack.rar

It too was developed and hosted on eurasia.nu but I found an xbins copy.  I'm not sure if it is the latest release though.

These three seem to be popular.  The second, Hacky Rehash, is the latest released on 20100316.

There are many other TSOP flashing exploit packages that use the raincoat flashing application.

for future ref if your installing a 2tb hard drive split the f and g partitions equally you will see ER meaning error with xbox partitioner 1.3 what you do is knock both partitions down 1 notch then format them press back button then a button to get back into partitioner knock both partitions up to max format them restart xbox load partitioner back up (from applications on dash not hexen) look on partitions to see if still ER showing if yes make sure f and g partitions 1 notch down again format them press back then press a put f and g to max again reformat and check no er should format both partitions with 64kb clusters if no ER your good to go