OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT+4032 & Aladdin XTplus 2.

SpamXDagger

Good Afternoon Folks,

A simple query regarding the above modchips - as they are the only ones you can seem to acquire these days what is the different between the two and

the pro's and cons etc and which would be recommended if any.

Also, what wire gauges are we using to rebuild the LPC and wire up the above chips.

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just installed an Aladdin XT Plus2 in a rev 1.0 and rev 1.1 Xbox yesterday.  Instant FRAG on both consoles.  I thought to myself, "what kind of garbage did I just buy?" and "how could it be that I am so very lucky to have performed so many mods with various Xecuter chips and now I have a problem?"  My instant reaction was to Google about this chip and, low and behold, I discovered that so many people have experienced the same problem.  Lots of logical solutions were provided like "re-flow the soldering points", "hot swapping the chips", "maybe you've got a bad chip", etc.  After re-flowing the solder points and having no luck I decided to remove the D0 wire from the chip side and solder it directly to a ground on the motherboard.  Bammo!  Instant success.  I don't know what it is with this chip but soldering D0 directly to ground was the way that it worked for me.

• Like 1

For those wondering what I did next, once the modchip was working, I placed the HeXEn 2019 DVD in and UnleashX took over for the HDD prep.  I immediately re-flashed the chip with a 256 Mb IND-BIOS 5004.76 (through EvolutionX dashboard), ran XBpartitioner 1.3 (about 3 million times in a row until it fully worked on my 2 Tb WD Blue 5400 RPM HDD), rebooted and then used FTP to set everything else up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, TEK Nemesis said:

So, I just installed an Aladdin XT Plus2 in a rev 1.0 and rev 1.1 Xbox yesterday.  Instant FRAG on both consoles.  I thought to myself, "what kind of garbage did I just buy?" and "how could it be that I am so very lucky to have performed so many mods with various Xecuter chips and now I have a problem?"  My instant reaction was to Google about this chip and, low and behold, I discovered that so many people have experienced the same problem.  Lots of logical solutions were provided like "re-flow the soldering points", "hot swapping the chips", "maybe you've got a bad chip", etc.  After re-flowing the solder points and having no luck I decided to remove the D0 wire from the chip side and solder it directly to a ground on the motherboard.  Bammo!  Instant success.  I don't know what it is with this chip but soldering D0 directly to ground was the way that it worked for me.

you have a diagram for install for the aladdin on a 1.1?

1 hour ago, sandog said:

you have a diagram for install for the aladdin on a 1.1?

This is the manual that I looked at.  But, basically, I just soldered a wire to D0 and soldered the other end to a ground.  I didn't attach it to the chip.  I soldered the pin header as per the instructions and I soldered a small wire for the BT as indicated in the manual.  So simple for this chip.

ALADDIN XT INSTALL V1.0-1.6.pdf

• Like 2

Usually I used modchip only for v1.6a or 1.6b motherboards. All others motherboards are able for TSOP flash. Xbox Classic is outdated from Xbox Live, so, there is no way to use "modchip ON/modchip OFF" mode and if you do not want to use extra function, like LCD panel, than the TSOP flash is better and of course cheapest.

But I do not want to be offense, I'm modchip party :)

2 hours ago, sidocious said:

Usually I used modchip only for v1.6a or 1.6b motherboards. All others motherboards are able for TSOP flash. Xbox Classic is outdated from Xbox Live, so, there is no way to use "modchip ON/modchip OFF" mode and if you do not want to use extra function, like LCD panel, than the TSOP flash is better and of course cheapest.

But I do not want to be offense, I'm modchip party :)

I fully agree.  I'll need to figure out the TSOP stuff.  I've got a bunch of motherboards here but with none of their HDDs so I have to figure out what to do to TSOP in that situation. 

1 hour ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I fully agree.  I'll need to figure out the TSOP stuff.  I've got a bunch of motherboards here but with none of their HDDs so I have to figure out what to do to TSOP in that situation. 

Oh, I see, than the right way is a "service modchip" and than you can do what you want :)

3 hours ago, sidocious said:

Oh, I see, than the right way is a "service modchip" and than you can do what you want :)

I was thinking of soldering on a pin header and using a modchip.  Maybe disable the D0 or pull the modchip off the header when it comes time to write the board's TSOP.

46 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

If you softmod the xbox 1st then do the tsop bridges, you can then load hexen and load the tsop bios depending on your xbox rev.

As I indicated above, I no longer have the original (locked) HDDs, so you are saying that I can perform a softmod without a HDD?

14 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

You'll need to read the configuration EEPROM's data to build a new locked HDD with the MS dashboard install (XboxHDM23USB beta 2 and Clean C and E files for Xbox archives). Or, use the Beta 3 version of XboxHDM23USB that installs a no-original-game-disc-required softmod installer to the HDD.  Beta 3 is pre-configured with the files to copy to the new Xbox HDD's C drive unlike beta 2 that needs the files added from the second archive mentioned to add them to the HDM/C and HDM/E folders before prepping the new HDD.  You need the eeprom.bin file for each Xbox as it has a unique key stored inside used to generate the locking password for the hard drive.

Update: If you have a working modded console, you can use Chimp 261812 to clone the HDD to prep a new HDD for another Xbox.  You still need to read the configuration EEPROM's data and copy it to Y:\eeprom.bin one at a time for each different Xbox to lock the HDD.  Upload each Xbox's eeprom.bin file to Y: to be used to lock each console's new cloned HDD.  Lock the new (SLAVE) HDD with the eeprom.bin file stored on Y:.  The operation to perform this action is in the Slave drive menu of Chimp.

13 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

As I indicated above, I no longer have the original (locked) HDDs, so you are saying that I can perform a softmod without a HDD?

Hi TEK, if you go on to YouTube Slot1gamer has a couple of good videos on how to make a eeprom reader and extract the hdd key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1