OGXbox.com

Hey Guys!

Xbox_Player

How's it going everyone?. A bit about my background with the Xbox and how I got here... around 2010 a friend traded me his v1.0 Xbox for Call of Duty: Big Red One (GameCube), it had a faulty Thomson drive and came with the DVD kit (dongle and remote) and a Duke sized MadCatz controller. I didn't get to play it much because the drive would sometimes read and most of the time it wouldn't so it mostly sat in my closet, but around 2014 I learned about softmods for the Xbox, long story short I ended up purchasing a memory card with the exploit with SID, Splinter Cell and a 250GB WD IDE hard drive. It wasn't long after enjoying my softmodded Xbox that it started acting up, turns out the clock cap leaked and damaged the traces. I attempted MANY repairs but failed so I just put it back in the closet. 2017 rolls around and I decide to purchase 2 Xbox's, one being a v1.2 and the other a v1.6 as a spare, ended up doing the TSOP mod on the v1.2 with a 1TB SATA HDD and softmodded the v1.6 and putting that 250GB HDD in it but didn't play either much due to things going on in life. A little over a month ago I got the urge to make another attempt at repair of the v1.0 Xbox since I was now confident with my soldering, it ended up being a successful repair at the first attempt so I now have 3 working Xbox's (If I could offer any advice to anyone new to soldering its get temp controlled iron like a Hakko, flux and a USB microscope. Its worth every penny and those $10 irons just don't cut it).

I guess lately I've been on an Xbox kick, so I'm looking forward to learning about new developments and being a member of the OGXbox community.

I enjoy hardware/software modding more than actually playing games.