OGXbox.com

XBox Mini Case

ShinGoutetsu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Hbomb said:

Just stumbled across this looking for reference regarding original case mods; this looks great! Are you sharing any STL files yet for the case, or even the board mock up you made? Thanks.

I will share the case files once I'm completely happy with them,  I won't be sharing any of the internal xbox part 3d models though

On 9/17/2022 at 6:37 AM, ShinGoutetsu said:

I will share the case files once I'm completely happy with them,  I won't be sharing any of the internal xbox part 3d models though

Perfect Is the enemy of done!  Maybe share the case on Thingiverse, so other people can collaborate and remix it.

• 3 months later...

some images of the dual oled case which is printed in 2 main parts (top and base) with the IR eye holder and top back edge being much smaller parts.

The one pictured also has a 3mm thick laser cut acrylic/perspex faceplate. 

The second design is printed in just 2 main parts with an IR eye or push button holder (either can be used)

The button required is a round 10mm momentary pushbutton or you can use a Xerc2 to turn the xbox on/off via the official dvd remote control

mini 1.jpg

mini 2.jpg

mini 3.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Meerjel01 said:

Okay. But how do controllers work with it? It doesn't look like it can support OG controllers. Was awhile since I last was here so I don't know if the tech in it is purchased here.

How to build it and what does it need?

- The breakaway part of the controller cord is used for controller ports 2 and 3, it also has an internal 2 player ogx360.

- A Star-tech ide2sata adapter and a 2.5" HDD

- a short SATA cable

- a Xerc2 for power on/off (or) a round momentary push button (2 pole) for power on/off

- an OLED compatible xenium based modchip

- 1 or 2 Newhaven NHD-0420-AX3 OLED displays depending on case version (the X denotes the oled colour, i.e: AB3 is blue, AG3 is green etc.)

- a 160-xt PicoPSU and AC adapter

- an Atx2xbox adapter (search for it on dirtypcbs.com, version 1.6 is not supported)

- 2 x TITAN VGA heatsinks and fans (although i am working on a better cooling solution)

- installation of a second fan header if not already present

- a 3mm bicolour led for power status, 2 x 3mm led for LAN and HDD activity LED's

- optional rear 40mm fan for the single OLED version case design

- I recommend a small heatsink for the MPCX and potential removal of some of the start up capacitors depending on motherboard revision

- Of course a 3D printer capable of printing this (case dimensions 210mm x 240mm x 50mm)

I recommend at very least PETG but ABS is better for printing this, i printed at 100% infill but you could reduce this a bit

mini 4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Meerjel01 said:

I need to give the instructions to my brother. I talked with him about this but he thought it would be too much for a smaller-sized Xbox. (He don't really understand a lot about this)

It is quite a lot of cost and work, soldering will be required too. This will likely put a lot of people off

18 hours ago, Meerjel01 said:

It's okay. Maybe the case could be used for raspberry pi console devices? Always wanted to make my own gaming console.

well the cut outs are specifically designed for an xbox mainboard, you would need to change quite a lot for a Pi, including internal mounting points. You may as well design your own case that suits your exact needs to be honest

• Like 2

• 2 months later...